Looking for a 1/48 Phantom centreline tank

Hi,

For my Desert Storm RF-4C I need a high G F-15 style centreline fueltank. The kit only comes with the earlier style tank.

The one I need can be found in certain F-4 kits, and is located on sprue R.

Let me know if you can spare one, and I'm sure we can work out a deal.

Thanks,

Pete

HOLD the phone. He may need a special pylon for that centerline tank. I had that one in one my kits a long time ago. NOT sure if I still do but I think it needed a different pylon. The ones in the F-15 kits WONT match......

SORRY to rain on your parade.

I have both the Hasegawa F-15 tanks, and the F-15 style tank in a F-4 kit. I compared them, and they are almost exactly the same. Only how they fit on the model is different, but I think I'm able to scratchbuild that. Not much to it.

Now it may seem odd that I ask for a tank, while I already have some. If I use one of those tanks on my RF-4C now, I will have the tank problem on a future build. So I figured I could at least see if someone has a spare one. If nobody has one, that's fine.

Bigass, I got your PM and I'm very grateful. I waited for a little to reply to see if someone had a real F-4 tank, but looks like I will have to settle for a F-15 tank. Seeing that Andre might have one too, and the fact that he lives only about 30 minutes away from me, I will try that route first. If he doesn't have one afteral, I will gladly accept your offer.

Thanks people :doh:

Hey Pete,

bad news - the 1/48th kit only comes with two tanks (my main scale is 1/72nd, and it's the Hasegawa's Eagles in that scale that come with four tanks...) and, having checked the box, there is only one left in the kit - I vaguely remember now having sent the other tank to another ARC member a few years back.

Sorry,

Andre

I can't help with the tank because I will need mine for my NJ ANG F-4E but here is a comparison. The tank is exactly the same in both the F-4 and F-15 kits. The F-4 has a new pylon for the F-15 style tank. Here are some pics comparing the two and I have included a pic of the F-4 instructions as well.

Hasegawa 1/48 F-4 and F-15 fuel tank. F-4 tank is on top.

P1010037.jpg

Close up of the new F-4 pylon.

P1010034.jpg

Hasegawa instructions for the attachment of the F-15 style tank.

P1010036.jpg

Edited by twong

That's exactly how my F-15E's tank looks. It gives me two options for the center pylon. This tank and this other weird looking thing that looks between a bomb and a fuel tank. Not sure what that is. I'll go ahead and use that or aftermarket bombs or something so you can have the tank still if needed. Shoot me a pm with an address I have a trip scheduled to the PO tomorrow around 3pm eastern to satisfy a couple other ARC transactions.

Cool, Biggie.

Just wondering which things you are reffering to with the "thing that looks between a bomb and a fuel tank". Here's a page from Academy's instructions of their F-15E Clickie, which shows the stores. Part M in step 14 is a fueltank, parts P & Q are both JDAM's. You have a part M for me, right?

Hey Pete,

bad news - the 1/48th kit only comes with two tanks (my main scale is 1/72nd, and it's the Hasegawa's Eagles in that scale that come with four tanks...) and, having checked the box, there is only one left in the kit - I vaguely remember now having sent the other tank to another ARC member a few years back.

Sorry,

Andre

Ok Andre, no biggie. Thanks for looking anyway. We 1/72 builders get spoiled anyway, with 4 tanks in the Eagle kits, and both style tanks in the F-4 kits.

Cool, Biggie.

Just wondering which things you are reffering to with the "thing that looks between a bomb and a fuel tank". Here's a page from Academy's instructions of their F-15E Clickie, which shows the stores. Part M in step 14 is a fueltank, parts P & Q are both JDAM's. You have a part M for me, right?

Yeah I have the fuel tank. The other part is about the same size as the fuel tank but it's bulbous at the front and then has a cylindrical rear with tail fins at the back. Fits on the center pylon and looks to be painted the same as the aircraft.

I wish they told you what things were on the instructions when you put them together.

I already wrapped the fuel tank and put it in an envelope so it's ready to go. Removed the sprues with it so it should be extra protected.