The China J-20 movies!!!

One China watcher says China's failure to censor the grainy images on the web prove the photos are of the new jet and the country wants them to circulate.

Bingo... Besides seeing a supposedly 5th gen fighter in China, its also good to note how they are embracing the new media. Mao would be proud. Zuckerberg! get your Chinese girlfriend to legalise facebook.

Bingo... Besides seeing a supposedly 5th gen fighter in China, its also good to note how they are embracing the new media. Mao would be proud. Zuckerberg! get your Chinese girlfriend to legalise facebook.

Exactly wrong! The object on these pictures is the modern equivalent of the inflatable rubber tanks and planes of World War II when such were used to mislead the Germans before the landing in Normandy. The Chinese government would NEVER reveal such a secret. The same goes for the Dong Feng carrier killing ICBM. Anyone here remember what Sun Tzi said? Especially the thing about acting strong when weak and acting weak when strong. Today China wants to look strong because they fear that USA is losing its patience withg North-Korea and might strike the N-K's nuclearbomb related resources. That would be a huge humiliation for China and mean the loss of an important proxy that puts pressure on the USA when needed. So, China has to convince the USA that China is strong enough to protect North-Korea if so needed.

Woland

who finds these Chinese "weapons" ridiculous and bad jokes

Exactly wrong! The object on these pictures is the modern equivalent of the inflatable rubber tanks and planes of World War II when such were used to mislead the Germans before the landing in Normandy. The Chinese government would NEVER reveal such a secret. The same goes for the Dong Feng carrier killing ICBM. Anyone here remember what Sun Tzi said? Especially the thing about acting strong when weak and acting weak when strong. Today China wants to look strong because they fear that USA is losing its patience withg North-Korea and might strike the N-K's nuclearbomb related resources. That would be a huge humiliation for China and mean the loss of an important proxy that puts pressure on the USA when needed. So, China has to convince the USA that China is strong enough to protect North-Korea if so needed.

Woland

who finds these Chinese "weapons" ridiculous and bad jokes

:woot.gif: Lol...you're hilarious. Were you asleep for the most part of 2003? If you wanna have political discussion, PM me. :coolio:

It's probably a marketing stunt....letting it be seen by the rest of the world. If they follow the US and Russia, I bet they will be looking to sell it. I get the sense that the chinese are like the USA...in the sense they want to be a world power and they can do it via. their economy (provided it doesn't fail).

Just another angle on my thoughts about this at the macro level.

- Matt

Man that is one of the ugliest planes I have ever seen. I hope that we get a chance to shoot them down so we can get rid of that ugly hunk of junk! Sorry just my $.02 worth!

Jeremy

It may be painted black but that doesn't mean it's stealthy. It may exist, but that doesn't mean it's actually much of a threat.

Giant, bulky, flat surfaces... Very large. Squared off doors/openings. Open and exposed very large exhausts.

Hell, even "if" it has some form of RAM-type paint on top of it all, it's still going to have a heat/radar signature the size of the Death Star.

It's probably a marketing stunt....letting it be seen by the rest of the world. If they follow the US and Russia, I bet they will be looking to sell it. I get the sense that the chinese are like the USA...in the sense they want to be a world power and they can do it via. their economy (provided it doesn't fail).

- Matt

We create new weapons is to not be bullied, not to strong and dominate, you are wrong, you do not understand the Chinese people

- Matt

Diplomacy is not weakness but our patience, we all remember

It may be painted black but that doesn't mean it's stealthy. It may exist, but that doesn't mean it's actually much of a threat.

Giant, bulky, flat surfaces... Very large. Squared off doors/openings. Open and exposed very large exhausts.

Hell, even "if" it has some form of RAM-type paint on top of it all, it's still going to have a heat/radar signature the size of the Death Star.

Maybe he is plasma stealth

haha

You misunderstand.

I believe it is a real plane. I believe it was built, and it exists. At least, I believe 1 or 2 prototypes have been built.

I also believe it is a farce. I believe it will be no threat. I believe that it's actual capabilities in the air will be inferior to other aircraft

My guess is 1 of 2 scenairos.

They are releasing the footage for deception, Hey we got this fighter, when there already is something better in works similar to the F-117 staying underwraps for so long.

OR

To see what we do. They know the stories about the Cold War and the grainy pictures and how nutso folks went everytime MiG or Sukhoi had something new.

We create new weapons is to not be bullied, not to strong and dominate, you are wrong, you do not understand the Chinese people

Insky,

I never claimed to understand the Chinese people. Nor am I saying that the Chinese economy is a failure or about to fail; I am no economist. Nor did I mean any offense if any offense were taken.

I am just saying that the US and Russia are selling their latest 5th Gen AC to other countries and that I think the chinese will too. It would help any nations economy.

I agree why a country would create new weapons; to protect themselves, but I know how valuable weapons are too for selling them.

As far as the chinese making a 5th Gen. fighter goes: I say congratulations !

Your quote: "Diplomacy is not weakness but our patience, we all remember"

Where did I say anything about Diplomacy ??? I am confused....

- Matt

Insky,

I never claimed to understand the Chinese people. Nor am I saying that the Chinese economy is a failure or about to fail; I am no economist. Nor did I mean any offense if any offense were taken.

I am just saying that the US and Russia are selling their latest 5th Gen AC to other countries and that I think the chinese will too. It would help any nations economy.

I agree why a country would create new weapons; to protect themselves, but I know how valuable weapons are too for selling them.

As far as the chinese making a 5th Gen. fighter goes: I say congratulations !

Your quote: "Diplomacy is not weakness but our patience, we all remember"

Where did I say anything about Diplomacy ??? I am confused....

- Matt

So sorry. I understand the error

this movie is my friend and I recorded at the airport today!

I think there are a few things that might put this into perspective.

The Chinese suffered horribly at the hands of the Japanese during WW2. Civilians being used for bayonet practice is a memory that never fades. Japan not teaching the full WW2 history to it's young people has only poured salt into the wound for China. The Chinese have never forgotten Japanese actions in China during WW2 and they never want that to happen again and now that they have money they will use it to give themselves an unbeatable defense force.....regardless of cost.

In recent times the US disclosed that their nuclear war plan was to nuke China and Russia.....(even if only Russia attacked)..... as they didn't want a nuclear China left intact. This shocked the Chinese leadership to it's coore and I doubt they will ever forget this.

The Chinese leadership is a large lumbering giant.......it does not like surprises and it does not act in a rash manner......it's thought process is based on long term plans that revolve around 5 year plans.

China is getting stronger economically while the US is bleeding away it's wealth in it's latest foreign war(s).

China has studied what other countries have done in the past to gain economic dominance and they have learned well....and they are only beginning to gain steam.

International Arms sales is a profitable business.......and it looks like China might be developing this sector of their economy.

The US has a bad habit of underestimating it's "competition" until it was too late.

Edited by F-15fan
I think there are a few things that might put this into perspective.

The Chinese suffered horribly at the hands of the Japanese during WW2. Civilians being used for bayonet practice is a memory that never fades. Japan not teaching the full WW2 history to it's young people has only poured salt into the wound for China. The Chinese have never forgotten Japanese actions in China during WW2 and they never want that to happen again and now that they have money they will use it to give themselves an unbeatable defense force.....regardless of cost.

In recent times the US disclosed that their nuclear war plan was to nuke China and Russia.....(even if only Russia attacked)..... as they didn't want a nuclear China left intact. This shocked the Chinese leadership to it's coore and I doubt they will ever forget this.

The Chinese leadership is a large lumbering giant.......it does not like surprises and it does not act in a rash manner......it's thought process is based on long term plans that revolve around 5 year plans.

China is getting stronger economically while the US is bleeding away it's wealth in it's latest foreign war(s).

China has studied what other countries have done in the past to gain economic dominance and they have learned well....and they are only beginning to gain steam.

International Arms sales is a profitable business.......and it looks like China might be developing this sector of their economy.

The US has a bad habit of underestimating it's "competition" until it was too late.

You are right, very close to our Chinese people's psychological