Just have to say congratulations to Roberto Alomar, one of the best second basemen to ever play the game, certainly the best Toronto ever had. Pack your bags Robbie, you've just been traded to Cooperstown!

alomar.jpg

Never was a big fan - but I suppose the numbers were there. For an annual all star, the guy was traded constantly. A small observation - there was once a time when he and Baerga were considered to be equals and sometimes Baerga was considered the bigger star. This year, Alomar gets into the HOF and Baerga does not get a single vote.

I thought Larkin was a shoe in this year but HOF voters can be a strange bunch. I would have taken Larkin over Alomar any day.

Never was a big fan - but I suppose the numbers were there. For an annual all star, the guy was traded constantly. A small observation - there was once a time when he and Baerga were considered to be equals and sometimes Baerga was considered the bigger star. This year, Alomar gets into the HOF and Baerga does not get a single vote.

I thought Larkin was a shoe in this year but HOF voters can be a strange bunch. I would have taken Larkin over Alomar any day.

Baerga had a few decent years but Alomar was consistent throughout his career. I've always found it interesting that Baerga disappeared so quickly. Alomar was a great 2B, he had a pretty serious attitude problem from my understanding which may explain his bouncing around to several teams over his career. Attitude aside, his numbers were Hall worthy.

I can't wait to see Craig Biggio get into the Hall. Should be 2012 as he retired in 2007. One of the best 2B of all time. He should be a unanimous decision in my opinion. I would like to see Bagwell go also as I do not think he was all juiced up like some of his peers. He hasn't been linked to steroids at all and was a pretty class act. His number certainly justify the Hall in my opinion. He didn't make it this year as the writers seemed to give the cold shoulder to any almost any steroid era player. If not for having played in that era he would have been a first round selection any other time in history.

Larkin definitely belongs in the Hall in my opinion. He was an exceptional shortstop in his day. Great range and played the position really well. Some of the offensive numbers are in the ballpark (pun intended) of your average Hall player with a regular season career average of .295 and a playoff average of .338. His defense should mean something too with 3 consecutive Gold Gloves at short.

Edited by JasonW