Folks,

This brilliant idea comes from Shawn M, who so brilliantly suggested that as so many of us here are building bombers and may need some spare parts, or have extra parts that they are willing to give up, that we should have a spot here in the GB to share the info. I agree! So here it is! Thanks Shawn!

I'll get us started. I've got these (all for 1/48 B-17s):

Quickboost B-17G Gun Barrels

4 x Kit Engines from the Monogram B-17G

1 x Clear Half of the Visible Monogram B-17G

More will certainly follow as the build continues on. If you would like any of these, you're covering the cost of shipping, just fire me a PM.

Cheers,

Mark.

Thanks for making this Mark!

I have (all 1/48 scale)

Complete chin turret

Complete Ball Turret

Complete Bomb cart and bombs

bomb racks

US specific decals from the revell 1/48 B-17G

Nordon Bombsite

Misc Figures

Radio room gun, upper window and ammo box (filled back side with styrene sheet)

Cheek guns

mlg support struts

propeller blades (only blades Im using the hubs)

oil drum (from revell P-61)

Edited by Shawn M

I've got a multitude of every part you could imagine for the B-17G kits. Some damaged props if you're doing a damaged bird or diorama. I also have a couple extra detail sets that I will put on here once I dig them out again and figure which ones I won't use.

I may definitely be in the market for detail sets I may not have or whatever so keep me in mind.

I've got a bunch of kit parts too, much of what I have will be similar to what shawn has listed. Everything I have is all 48th scale, a mixture of monogram B-17G and revell B-17F parts.

Shawn, I havent forgot about you buddy, I'll get that window in the mail by tommorrow.

Mark, I think I may be interested in the QB gun barrels, I could use them for a differant B-17 build I've been planning for a while.

BAH, I've still got to get together with you about that trade we were talking about.

I've got a bunch of kit parts too, much of what I have will be similar to what shawn has listed. Everything I have is all 48th scale, a mixture of monogram B-17G and revell B-17F parts.

Shawn, I havent forgot about you buddy, I'll get that window in the mail by tommorrow.

Mark, I think I may be interested in the QB gun barrels, I could use them for a differant B-17 build I've been planning for a while.

BAH, I've still got to get together with you about that trade we were talking about.

Just let me know if you want the barrels, they're yours. And ya, we'll chat about the trade.

Cheers!

Mark.

Remember I'm also going to want any spare nose arts that you may have on decal sheets and not be using. These will be placed on my extra front fuselage that I will build in NMF and then cover in various nose arts. The fuselage will be 1/48 but the nose arts can be any scale 1/48th to 1/144th therefore I'll be able to fit more on there. I've tossed around the idea in my head of donating it in the raffle at the end as kind of a tribute to the GB. Not sure about that yet and not sure I'd want to trust shipping it when it was all said n done.

PM me details.

Edited by Bigasshammm

I have Chow Hound and El Lobo II, Im sure yo do as well but if you want them they're yours. I also have a bunch of fighter nose art if you want them?

Edited by Shawn M
I have Chow Hound and El Lobo II, Im sure yo do as well but if you want them they're yours. I also have a bunch of fighter nose art if you want them?

I actually don't because the only kit decals I have so far are real haggard so I doubt they'd show up good.

Also

This goes for you too Mark... and anyone else (edited original post)

Go ahead and PM me details on nose arts and we can work out getting them to me. Shawn I'm not sure yet on the fighter nose arts. I guess it all depends on how many 17 NAs I get so we'll see. I said before that if I don't get enough 17 art then I'll throw all kinds of nose art on here but to make it more of a tribute it would be cool to see it just with 17 nose art. I'm not sure if I'll put any other decals on stencil wise or any markings.

I just pulled the box from the basement and am trying to make a collection of parts to at least get the forward fuselage started. I have another boxed 17g in the mail coming so I'll have a better opportunity to start one here soon.

Also for a part request if anyone has a Revell 1/48th F that they aren't going to completely build I could use a new port side lower wing half. Mine is split in two and would require serious repair I don't want to get into. Not sure if anything else is broken but I know that for sure. Also I need at least 1 probably 2 more F style turrets. The G model I am making had the F style turret.

Thanks for making this Mark!

I have (all 1/48 scale)

propeller blades (only blades Im using the hubs)

Have you already broken your propellers? I have some broken ones already and would trade you 4 broken ones for your non broken. The Hubs are still there but some of the props have broken off.

I may be able to salvage a 4th complete kit yet.

still on the sprues! (edit: removed from sprues last night, still intact waiting to hear from you)

PM me your address and I'll send you those and the nose art from my kit

Edited by Shawn M

1/48 WWII USAAF type peddle bikes! If anyone's got them - I'm looking for some.

Aside from that, I'm good!

PM me the addy you want them to go to, and I'll toss them in the mail hopefully before the end of the week.

Cheers!

Mark.

(baronred3 @ Jan 17 2011, 09:49 PM)

I'm looking for 1/48 b-17 engines! Cheers Baronred3

Just the kit parts? I could prbably be persuaded to part w 4

I've moved this into the applicable pinned thread for parts/spare parts, etc.

Edited by Kostucha
  • 2 weeks later...
Parts emergency!

So I have like 6 chin turrets and such but I only have 1 instrument panel hood from the G kit. Part number 16 the part the ip fits into. Need one stat!

Kris

I'll have one in the mail for you Monday - PM your address to me.

Cheers!

Mark.

Anyone have a surplus radio room clear hatch from the 1/48 Revell 17F? Wee Willie had the same type installation and the one that the Monogram kit gives you is wrong.

Edited by timc