I'm guessing you need the one with out the gun hole, which as far as I know is only availabe in the revell F kit. But you may be able to get it the squadron canopy set, I gotta look into that to be sure though.

What is it? I'm sure we'd be interested if it's for a 17.

It's more for a diorama, probably. It's a Signifer 1/48th WWII Aircraft portable generator kit.

It's bigger than I thought it would be and may look out of place. It has a wheel set. pictures I've seen lately show the onboard gennies being a bit smaller, IIRC.

It's still in the wrap. Hard to come by little piece of kit.

I paid $15 and would like to get something back of that

Edited by 381st Guy
It's more for a diorama, probably. It's a Signifer 1/48th WWII Aircraft portable generator kit.

It's bigger than I thought it would be and may look out of place. It has a wheel set. pictures I've seen lately show the onboard gennies being a bit smaller, IIRC.

It's still in the wrap. Hard to come by little piece of kit.

I paid $15 and would like to get something back of that

Mark???

Anyone know if there are any 1/48 decal sheets for any 483rd BG aircraft? I ask because I want and will need the Y and star on the tails and any other markings. I'd love it if it had the 817th patch but I find that highly unlikely. I don't know how to make decals myself and I can probably paint them myself with careful masking but it'd be easier if I could bash a decal sheet somewhere.

Kris

Yes, I'm pretty sure there are. Hold on a few minutes, let me see what I can find.

http://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEG...&RNZ=292727

There are a few good decals kits world, I want the generic markings sheets, anyways, moving on.

Crap......cant find much at the moment and I got the wife nagging at me to help with dinner.

I was looking on squadrons site, they used to have a aeromaster decal sheets for the fort but now appearently none.

I have a set of markings, like you describe. The Y with a star underneath, but they're white. I'm guessing you need black. Let me see what else I can dig up later.

Edited by B-17 guy

Got my 72nd Fort today. Gonna need decals for it. Don't really care which. It doesn't look bad and I don't mind the raised rivets except when u screw them up sanding. Debating sanding the whole thing n rescribing butive never done that before.

I am selling a bunch of B-17 stuff I'm not going to use on EBay. Might be of interest to some folks:

http://shop.ebay.com/little-horn/m.html?_n...p;_trksid=p3686

Hope I'm not in violation of any rules. If so, apologies in advance.

Wish you would have posted those for sale here beforehand. I would have snatched up a few of them for sure. I'll be sure to "watch them and see how they go" Hopefully we can work out a shipping deal if I get a couple.

I've only had them for a couple of weeks, or I would have. I finally opened the kit and started messing with it, and it looks like there was a lot of overlap in what I bought vs. what I need for the kit, etc.

I think in the end I'm going to do this just as a box kit, because I had a little bit of frustration with the photo etch, etc.

For example, how can super glue fail to join metal to plastic??!?

I've only had them for a couple of weeks, or I would have. I finally opened the kit and started messing with it, and it looks like there was a lot of overlap in what I bought vs. what I need for the kit, etc.

I think in the end I'm going to do this just as a box kit, because I had a little bit of frustration with the photo etch, etc.

For example, how can super glue fail to join metal to plastic??!?

Bad super glue perhaps?

I definitely want the cockpit set and the eduard pe so I'll probably bid on those at the end. Some of it I already have also. I don't think you'll have a problem selling.

Too bad you can't take them off eBay.

Bad super glue perhaps?

I definitely want the cockpit set and the eduard pe so I'll probably bid on those at the end. Some of it I already have also. I don't think you'll have a problem selling.

Too bad you can't take them off eBay.

I was surprised, it was a brand new bottle of Testor's super glue. I started working in the tail gun area with an Eduard PE rear section set (not listed, but if someone wants it, I'll sell it for a few bucks.) I folded the ammo box and gun belt together, went to glue them in, and 1 hour later, the glue was still wet. When I went to wipe the excess glue off of the metal, a piece of the ammo box fell off, because it had not cured properly either after 1+ hours. I was so mad I said the heck with it and put everything away.

Frustrating. I had already cut out the rear bulkhead alignment pins on the non-visible side of the kit and was all ready to do a bang-up PE job to the rear of the plane as my opening shot in all of this.

If there's something you want on Ebay that DOESN'T have bids, let me know, and I can end the auction and sell them off-list. Only things I can't take off are stuff that has bids.

Edited by 381st Guy
I was surprised, it was a brand new bottle of Testor's super glue. I started working in the tail gun area with an Eduard PE rear section set (not listed, but if someone wants it, I'll sell it for a few bucks.) I folded the ammo box and gun belt together, went to glue them in, and 1 hour later, the glue was still wet. When I went to wipe the excess glue off of the metal, a piece of the ammo box fell off, because it had not cured properly either after 1+ hours. I was so mad I said the heck with it and put everything away.

Frustrating. I had already cut out the rear bulkhead alignment pins on the non-visible side of the kit and was all ready to do a bang-up PE job to the rear of the plane as my opening shot in all of this.

If there's something you want on Ebay that DOESN'T have bids, let me know, and I can end the auction and sell them off-list. Only things I can't take off are stuff that has bids.

Pmed you on the 2 eduard PEs and the waist guns from Aires. I want the cockpit too so I'll have to win that one.

Crap, that's what I get for not getting on here earlier. I would have asked for the eduard PE radio room, hamm beat me to it. Oh well.

A thought on that set, I'm toying with the idea of getting that set and using as templates, trace the shapes onto thin sheet styrene and build with that. Rather than actually gluing in the PE parts, this way you can use then again and again, and do differant set ups in there as well.

381st guy, I think you should try the PE pieces in the tail again. Find a better glue and get some accelerator for the CA glue. You just gotta make sure your parts are where you want them when you use the accelerator because once you apply it, the parts aint going anywhere. At the least, try accelerator with the glue you have.

Crap, that's what I get for not getting on here earlier. I would have asked for the eduard PE radio room, hamm beat me to it. Oh well.

A thought on that set, I'm toying with the idea of getting that set and using as templates, trace the shapes onto thin sheet styrene and build with that. Rather than actually gluing in the PE parts, this way you can use then again and again, and do differant set ups in there as well.

381st guy, I think you should try the PE pieces in the tail again. Find a better glue and get some accelerator for the CA glue. You just gotta make sure your parts are where you want them when you use the accelerator because once you apply it, the parts aint going anywhere. At the least, try accelerator with the glue you have.

Perhaps I will try to find some accelerator. The kit is started now so it's not worth trying to sell, might as well make the best of it!

Oops I quoted the wrong thing. This was meant to quote Timc's post. Sorry.

anyway

TimC

I got you. Sent pm just shoot me an address and any other parts you may need before it goes out.

Kris

Edited by Bigasshammm
Also found that I have the following in my box of stuff:

1. Metal landing gear assembly, NIB, asking $7

2. Eduard PE Seatbelt Sets for Rev-Monogram 1/48th - $5

Thanks!

I'll take the landing gear too. You have everything I was meaning to pick up.

Anybody have a pilot n copilot they won't be using? I think the pro modeller sets have them either 17 or 24. With the way the top of the cockpit of the F is I think I'll just leave it unglued so you can remove it and see inside. Also when I get around to it I'll need 1 waist gunner from the same set.