I can send those along with your decals (no, I haven't forgotten!) if you would like. Did you get the forward cockpit piece you were looking for!

Awesome thank you. Ya I got around the cockpit piece by using the equivalent from the F kit and then cannibalizing the cockpit I had built for the front fuselage build. Using all G parts in the F kit now.

Ok so this 1/72 For I bought is a POS.

The parts for the interior were missing. Now I looked at it more closely and the ball turret and main wheels are missing. Well I have half the main wheels? W T F!

I could care less about the ball turret I guess but anyone know where I can get main wheels for her? I just want to get it thrown together and say the hell with it. I may not even do it now and just throw it in the spares.

Grrrr

So much for something simple to cut the monotony of the 1/48s.

Edited by Bigasshammm

If you half a main wheel you could try casting the other half?

Would be a good chance to learn how to do it.

Or, take the measurements of the wheel, send them to me and I'll see if I have something in my spares that is close.

For the ball turret find a clear resin bead, drill two holes, add guns and voila!

• 2 weeks later...

From the 1/48 Revell B-17G Kit 5614:

From the nose:

-Complete floor (with cockpit floor molded on)

-Navigators Table

-Bombardiers Panel

-Seats (both of 'em)

-Chin turret control yolk

-Norden Bombsight

Cockpit:

-Instrument Panel (both pieces)

-Side walls

-Control Columns

-Seats (complete)

-Top Turret (complete, including .50's)

Bomb Bay:

-Bomb Rack Complete

-Bombs (LOTS, about 3 kits worth)

Radio Room:

-Aft Bulkhead

-Radio Room floor

-All other accessories (minus the .50)

Waist:

-Ball Turret (complete, including .50's)

-Waist gun postitions complete, excluding .50's

-Tail Wheel Assembly, complete

Nothing from the tail gunner

Wings:

-4 x engines, including prop shaft (no props)

-MLG (complete, excluding the mounting plate that goes inside the nacelle)

Extra's

-All the ammo cans that come with the kit

-All FLYING crew figures (8 of 'em, everyone except the tail gunner and ball turret)

If you've got a bare bones 'F' in 1/48, and want guts... you can have all these.

What I'm looking for:

1/48 Bicycles used by USAAF ground personnel

1/48 Willies Jeep

1/48 Figures (aside from the ones that come with the kit), be it USAAF ground personnel, or aircrew NOT in flying gear, but regular everyday uniform

1/48 Hangar accessories (ladders, tools, pumps, spare parts, etc... anything you would find in a hangar)

This isn't intended as a trade. Simply a stock of what I've got available to anyone who could use it, either parts, or the whole lot.

If someone by chance has anything I'm looking for and you are willing to part with it as a trade or as something seperate, AWESOME!

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha
From the 1/48 Revell B-17G Kit 5614:

From the nose:

-Complete floor (with cockpit floor molded on)

-Navigators Table

-Bombardiers Panel

-Seats (both of 'em)

-Chin turret control yolk

-Norden Bombsight

Cockpit:

-Instrument Panel (both pieces)

-Side walls

-Control Columns

-Seats (complete)

-Top Turret (complete, including .50's)

Bomb Bay:

-Bomb Rack Complete

-Bombs (LOTS, about 3 kits worth)

Radio Room:

-Aft Bulkhead

-Radio Room floor

-All other accessories (minus the .50)

Waist:

-Ball Turret (complete, including .50's)

-Waist gun postitions complete, excluding .50's

-Tail Wheel Assembly, complete

Nothing from the tail gunner

Wings:

-4 x engines, including prop shaft (no props)

-MLG (complete, excluding the mounting plate that goes inside the nacelle)

Extra's

-All the ammo cans that come with the kit

-All FLYING crew figures (8 of 'em, everyone except the tail gunner and ball turret)

If you've got a bare bones 'F' in 1/48, and want guts... you can have all these.

What I'm looking for:

1/48 Bicycles used by USAAF ground personnel

1/48 Willies Jeep

1/48 Figures (aside from the ones that come with the kit), be it USAAF ground personnel, or aircrew NOT in flying gear, but regular everyday uniform

1/48 Hangar accessories (ladders, tools, pumps, spare parts, etc... anything you would find in a hangar)

This isn't intended as a trade. Simply a stock of what I've got available to anyone who could use it, either parts, or the whole lot.

If someone by chance has anything I'm looking for and you are willing to part with it as a trade or as something seperate, AWESOME!

Cheers,

Mark.

So basically you have a G kit minus the wings and fuselage?

LOL

Hey folks, I'm in need of a 1/48 upper F model turret, can trade the G type for it if you need it.

(Don't need any more, bought B-17F kit to cannibalize turret from)

Edited by bashace
  • 1 month later...

Apparently I'm going to need another set of 1/48 G decals. Preferably not SupersuckScale. Can pay or whatever.

*shakes fist*

Also If anyone has extra decals for propellers in 1/48 I could use a set for 4 props. I don't need the words just the round picture/design/whatever it's called is fine.

Still in search of the Hamilton Standard decals to make 2 B-17s. Would love the stencil as well but am perfectly fine with just the HS logos. If you have full B-17, B-24, or B-29 sheets with them on there and don't want to cut them up I'm open to buying the sheets.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look in the stash. I'll just keep back what I would use for LMM, and send you the rest. I'll get back to you through the weekend.

Cheers!

Mark.

No worries I got it sorted. They're all basically done. I have some more stencils I got from Shawn to put on The Duke but otherwise it's complete. I ended up selling all my spares as well so I don't really have any parts left lol.

K

Apparently I'm going to need another set of 1/48 G decals. Preferably not SupersuckScale. Can pay or whatever.

*shakes fist*

Also If anyone has extra decals for propellers in 1/48 I could use a set for 4 props. I don't need the words just the round picture/design/whatever it's called is fine.

BH,

I have a set of 1/48th B-17 decals without a 1/48 kit. They were in a 1/72 kit I acquired. I am at work, but can check when I get home.

Jeff

I am good Jeff but thank you. All my forts are nearly buttoned up. The only 1/48 sheet I will eventually need is the one with the F model Fort Alamo II I believe of the 483rd. I want to use the white tail codes to make stencils for the black tail codes needed for my grandfathers plane I'll eventually build.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would anyone be willing to trade a pair of unweighted 1/48 Wheels (Monograms B-17F) for a set of True Details weighted wheels (1:48 True Details B-17 Circumferential Tread Wheel Set #48098)?

LMM's up on jacks, and even though the Verlinden set allows for the oleo's to be fully extended (no weight on wheels), all I have are weighted wheels. Anywho, yes, if you're willing to part with them, I'm more than happy for a straight up trade.

PM me if you can.

Cheers,

Mark.

Edited by Kostucha