Perfect! Yep, they're got the hub cap - but that's not a big deal - going to steal the hub from something else, just need the round rubber. And the Revell B-17F wheels have the same tread patterns I'm looking for (circumferential tread). Thanks!

Mark.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to fix up a few of my grandfather's old Revell-Monogram B-17 models that have seen better days and was wondering if anyone has the following spare parts:

The 1:72 needs are:

propeller blades - 6

chin turret gun barrels - 1

waist gun barrels - 5

radio gun barrels - 2

ball turret gun barrels - 3

left front tire/wheel & strut - 1

The 1:48th needs are

propeller blades - 8

chin turret gun barrels - 0

waist gun barrels - 2

radio gun barrels - 0

ball turret gun barrels - 1

left front tire/wheel only - 1

Shoot me an email: derekjsherwood at yahoo dot com if you can. I'm willing to pay something for them if you need me to. I don't have much time to get on here lately so email is better than PM.

Thanks!

Here's what I would recomend. Go get aftermarket gun barrels, quickboost makes some very nice resin replacements. This way you can replace all the barrels and thay will all match. I dont know what to say about the props other than good luck, most guys will not give those up as they are needed for nearly every fort built.

How many forts do you have? Post up some pics if you can.

You might also be interested in a product called prop-blur. As long as you still have the prop hubs your good, there replace the blades anyway and give the impression the engines are running. They come in 72nd and 48th scale so you are covered there too. This way you could hand them from the ceiling and have a squadron in flight and save the shelf room.

Here's what I would recomend. Go get aftermarket gun barrels, quickboost makes some very nice resin replacements. This way you can replace all the barrels and thay will all match. I dont know what to say about the props other than good luck, most guys will not give those up as they are needed for nearly every fort built.

How many forts do you have? Post up some pics if you can.

You might also be interested in a product called prop-blur. As long as you still have the prop hubs your good, there replace the blades anyway and give the impression the engines are running. They come in 72nd and 48th scale so you are covered there too. This way you could hand them from the ceiling and have a squadron in flight and save the shelf room.

There are, as I recall, three 1/72nd forts that grandpa built, and a 1/48th that dad and I built, but they are all hanging in the garage at Dad's house. I'll try to get pictures if I can.

These moved from grandpa's study (he was a B-17 pilot) to dad's house for storage for awhile, and finally to where they hang now, so they got a little roughed up over the years, besides the fact that they were already 30+ years old. ;)

I'm familiar with the Propblur stuff but I don't recall whether the hubs are there or not.

I was afraid of going the resin route, simply because dad is retired and I didn't want to spend a bunch on fixing these up. I guess I'll have to do it, though.

Thanks for the input!

I can give you the 4 props from my B-24 which I am scrapping. Which incidentally the props are actually B-17 kit props but I didn't have any Hamilton Standard decals so I stole the original B-24 props and replaced them with the 17s.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm aiming this at the guys in this GB who are building 48th scale revell B-17F's. If you guy's are not gonna be using the solid enclosed gun hatch cover for the radio room, any chance you guys could spare them. I need 2 of them. I'm building Fuddy Duddy and Sentimental Journey, neither of the have the radio room gun, and have the solid enclosure there. Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really spare parts but...

Anyone got a 48th scale G kit they want to get rid of reasonably? Not having any luck finding the Visible kit for a price I want to pay. I've got a couple spares of the cheyenne tail so I can do what I need with a regular G kit.

Let me know.