1/32 Su-25 Details and Corrections

PD-62-8 Pylons are now available!

If these sell well I will be doing some other improvements/corrections for the kit.

PD-62-8_6.jpg

Shown here with the APU-60-1 launch rail and Aphid missile (both sold separately).

:woo:

Edited by Zactoman

For some reason Trumpeter didn't include the outer wing pylons.

They show them on the box art.

They have holes in the wing where they should attach.

Because the Su-25 usually carries these pylons and they usually have the APU-60-1 launch rail (which I recently released) and they often carry the Aphid missile (which is in my product line) I decided it might be a good idea if I made the missing pylons...

PD-62-8 pylons:

PD-62-8_1.jpg

Details on the underside in case you want to mount them empty:

PD-62-8_2.jpg

The rear acts as a cover for the aileron actuator:

PD-62-8_3.jpg

I've included the actuator (also not included in the Trump kit) in its' full length in case you want to position the ailerons. The part can be trimmed accordingly.

PD-62-8_4.jpg

Shown here with the APU-60-1 launch rail (sold separately):

PD-62-8_5.jpg

Shown here with the APU-60-1 and R-60 Aphid Missile (also sold separately):

PD-62-8_7.jpg

I will be enhancing a few details on the pattern before making production molds.

I'm hoping to have it ready to release in just a few days.

:woo:

Edited by Zactoman

HI Chris

please put me down for a set as I have made the kit I would love to retro fit these , I have a couple of other alteratuons to make to get her like I want, namely the pitit head vanes and changing the areal in front of the windscreen to the Odd rod style .

Cheers for now keep up the good work

In case you have not seen her here she is

IMG_7715.jpg

John

HI Chris

please put me down for a set as I have made the kit I would love to retro fit these , I have a couple of other alteratuons to make to get her like I want, namely the pitit head vanes and changing the areal in front of the windscreen to the Odd rod style .

Cheers for now keep up the good work

John

Did I see her in the competition in Telford ? If yes, fantastic work, she was one of my favourites !

Lothar

HI Chris

please put me down for a set as I have made the kit I would love to retro fit these

Great looking model John! :worship:
Where do I sign up on the waiting list?
No lists. I'll announce here when they are released then send out an e-mail a few days later.
Any idea when they will be up on the site Chris???
Well I finally finished the necessary enhancements to the pattern and hoped to have the first (of a pair) of production molds poured already.

Unfortunately (? :P ) I've received a bunch of orders for existing product the last few days and have been too busy casting to do the new molds yet or start the instructions.

That's the nature of being a one man band in the aftermarket business. It can be a feast or famine roller coaster so predicting scheduled releases can be a challenge.

Soon...

:cheers:

IMG_7715.jpg

John

Did I see her in the competition in Telford ? If yes, fantastic work, she was one of my favourites !

Lothar

HI Lothar yes it is the same one. I still have not seen another built yet!!

Great looking model John! :thumbsup:

;)

Thank you Chris I know what you mean about being a one man band, it is sometimes difficult balancing all the tasks.

Cheers for now

JOHN

Pylons are now available!!!

Thank you Chris I know what you mean about being a one man band, it is sometimes difficult balancing all the tasks.
I'm looking forward to seeing your model fully loaded! (Package inbound!)

Onemanband.jpg

:wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Chris I got my 2 sets yesterday, thanks for getting them out quickly! I already have one set on my 1st su-25, they fit great and look good. I hope to have it painted within a week or two. Keep up the good work!

Thanks again,

Brian

• 3 weeks later...

Chris,

My order arrived in great shape yesterday as well. Ok, my yesterday was 2-10-11..

The pylons and launch rails look amazing!

This my be the first time I have started work on the aftermarket BEFORE the kit has arrived..

Mike

• 1 month later...

HI Chris

I have posted these before but for this thread here you are. The pylons launch rails and missiles all now adorn my SU-25. I have to say that these products are really top notch and worth every penny. I have also made a couple of other corrections like the odd rod IFF and the pitot tube vanes. Hope that she does the updates justice.

John

IMG_80021.jpg

IMG_80011.jpg

HI Chris

I have posted these before but for this thread here you are.

Hi John!

I missed your previous posting of these but found it with a search.

Thanks for posting them!!!

For those who also missed the other post ( http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=225468 ) here are a few more pics from it:

IMG_79951.jpg

IMG_79961.jpg

IMG_79981.jpg

I'm very happy to hear that you like the parts and looking forward to seeing more of your builds!

:)

The dispensers are physically in the kit, although listed as not used.
Yes, they are included but the way they chose to mold them, in two halves, makes them almost unusable. Effectively filling that seam between the raised, round dispenser tubes would be almost impossible.

So, yes, they are on "the list" but there are a few major corrections for the kit that are higher on the list.

Unfortunately, as mentioned in several threads, I don't have the time or hands to tackle these projects in the near future. Too much on my plate...

:wacko:

• 11 months later...

Su-39 conversion for the Su-25UB maybe ?

Nothing much needed, just another tail boom and I wonder if the nose and under front fuselage isn't a bit different

Edited by Red Dog
Any more Zactogoodies for this in the pipeline..?
There are a couple more items on my 'list', but nothing in the near future as I already have too much on my plate. So don't hesitate to build it if you want.

:cheers: