1/72 Esci Harrier Gr.3

Hi there! here is other of my models, the old but great Esci Harrier Gr.3 in artic wraparound camo. I used the Airwaves PE set for the Sea Harrier slightly modified. Tha bang seat is from the Airwaves range too, and the bombs from Flightpath. Hope you like it.

SAM_0505.jpg

SAM_0507.jpg

SAM_0490.jpg

SAM_0494.jpg

Comens and suggestions are welcome.

Cheers.

Juan

Edited by JFVicente
  • 1 month later...

Hi friends, many thanks for your kind words.

Jcarr162000, to simulate the scrapped off efect of the white I used the salt technique. I guess you know it. This was my first with it and I must say that it was not so hard to achieve this effect.

Arnobiz, you are right. I used pastels for the weatering, I'm not a devotee of the washes. I,ve tryed them several times without good result...

Thanks again.

Juan

I realy like this model!! :jaw-dropping :pray:

Turned out fantastic. One point of critic is that you have it armed with too modern weapons. I am not sure if the GR-3 was able to carry them.

Hi Eric2020, many thanks for your praise words. About the armament, let me disagree with you, but as far as I know Harrier Gr3 used this kind of guided bombs on Malvinas/Falklands war. Even, I've found some pics on the web to illustrate this:

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/4458/gr3lgbs.jpg

Many thanks anyway for your interest.

Juan.