Lockheed A-38C? Gotta love it!

This is one of the best what ifs I've ever seen. Well done Alvis 3.1.

This one actually looks like someone did some thinking on the aerodynamics involved in doing a real life conversion, and really hits the mark. I'd love to see it sitting beside a Piper PA-48 Enforcer.

Sabre

The actual inspiration for this is unfortunately lost in the mists of time. The first attempt was likely 20 years ago, when I used a Matchbox P-38 and an old Hasegawa T-33 to start building it, but the nacelles defied me. About 4 or 5 years ago, I revisited the concept, tossed the old kit and began fresh with the Monogram 1/48th kit. I like it as the wing dihedral is molded right in, so there's little chance of me pooching it up in assembly.

This one is outside my usual thought process for What-Ifs. I tend to think of a punchline first, then build the model to match, but in this case, it was the idea of a Turboprop Lightning first, then justifying how and why afterwards. Losing the contrarotating props and adding tiptanks would have in most probability overwhelmed the original tail surfaces, but more importantly, I also needed to radically change some of the main features of the original P-38. Engines, nose, canopy, wingtips, all that was left was the original tail, so it too had to go. Originally, I tried a P-51D tail with fillet, but it is actually pretty much the same area as a P-38 tail, so I then looked elsewhere...and an Italeri C-119 lost its' tails. ANyone have any ideas what I can do with a tail-less Boxcar?

Alvis 3.1

elsewhere...and an Italeri C-119 lost its' tails. ANyone have any ideas what I can do with a tail-less Boxcar?

Alvis 3.1

Put P-38 tails on it?

I actually like your A-38C would look at home in Nam or even today as a CAS/FAC bird.