Silly Week's Models

Another great year of Silly Week has gone, but we had some really great stuff. Jelly Johnson (Jones) did a great giant spider, which I couldn't show my wife, as she's an arachnaphobe. Probuilder did a great UAV, looks like a precursor to something Skynet would use!

Bill Eggleton scored four times with his Egg-Shaped Death Star, Slave One, Klingon Bird-of-Prey, and Viper from BattleStar Galactica. Hal Elsberry swung by with three great ones as well, the Steampunk Su-27 and the Furball, which used some of the weirdest models I've ever seen in a creative way I never imagined, and was really funny as well. His Hodad was really nicely done too, it reminds me of a guy I used to know.

Borg R3-MC0 did a great version of the P-26 and his He-162W was really believable, and KH Lee made a dumpy Avenger into a fantastic and sleek looking aerobatic plane.

Terry Davis got a big laugh from me with his Franky Modeller, and Terry Moore did some fantastic shiny paint jobs on his Mustang and Audi. Gonzalo Adrian Zauzich showed us a well weathered Gundam. Garry Hill: Why can I not get my cloaked starships to look that good? Steve Nelson had what was likely one of the funniest models I've seen in a long long time. It looked like something from Bruce McCall.

Andrew Williams did a bear. A bear? Wow...what a cool idea! Phil Peterson's Jetson car had me humming the theme song for a couple days...curse you Phil! Kees Kuyper seems to like F-16s, and it was great to share some wild versions with us. A VTOL Falcon makes perfect sense for Switzerland too.

Mark Lougheed did a believable looking plane with a bite, and Konley Kelly took us into virtual airspace with a trip to Whitney Field and a 3D Triplane. Preston showed us a fun little build to help relieve AMS with his Crossfire. Carl Gootzen showed us some really great detail in HO Scale with an outhouse model so realistic I could hear the flies. Oh yeah, I also inflicted a few things on the rest of you, like the Nuclear train, Conjunction Junction, the RAAF Jabiru, The RNCNAS Sculpin, and the Turbo Lightning.

Once again, I'd like the thank Steve for hosting a fun week at the start of each year. It's a great way to let off some of the stress from the holidays.

Al P.

I loved Hals HODAD...

That is EXCEPTONALLY funny and delight to see.. the work was amazing and all the models for the SILLY WEEK have been of high standards

Thank you Steve and the team for their hard work and OF course the Modelers for participating ..WHAT FUN !!! :banana:

HOLMES :banana::nanner:

Edited by HOLMES