Tamiya Thunderjet 1/48

Afternoon all!

I've lurked about long enough in the forums looking at other people's work, and finally decided to take the plunge and post some pics of my most recent finished model - Tamiya's 1/48 F-84G.

Built entirely OOB, which is unusual for me, the kit was a dream to put together, absolutely no filler required only some light sanding to remove a couple of seams on the fuselage and wingtip tanks.

This was also my first attempt at using Alclad Paints as well and I'm very pleased with the result. I used Aluminium overall with some panels painted in Duraluminium and various other shades of metals to break up the monotone silver. The photos don't show it all that well, but trust me it is there! :thumbsup: Weathering was done using thinned oil paints (Raw Umber) and MiG Pigments Black smoke for some smoke markings around the cannon ports in the nose. This was also my first attempt at painting over decals, to create paint chipping and I'm pleased with how it has turned out!

Comments and criticism welcome guys, I won't improve any other way!

DSCF1347.jpg

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1366.jpg

DSCF1356.jpg

DSCF1349.jpg

DSCF1361.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

Nik

Nik,

Hello and WELCOME to the ARC forum...

Nice to have you here and your Thunderjet is extremely lovely ..I quite

like the work you did on the Cockpit..very nice form what i see here.

The finish is exempalry and I think you did a STUNNING job on this.. :blink: :blink:

Post more soon :blink:

HOLMES

:blink: