Hi guys,

This is my second try to build a Foxbat, the first one was almost successful for me...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=210893

DSC_0080.jpg

... but the second must be better than this one! :thumbsup:

Now, back to the "great" Condor kit...

IMG_2737.jpg

I think that you know everything about this kit... it's bad! But with a little hard work, model can be great. I'm planning to do Ukrainian Foxbat, maybe Iraqi one... I don't now yet!

First, the wings. I will rescribe all panel lines tomorow and I need to cut flaps and put them in "take off" position. It will be much better for looking. One of the main questions, what are the differences between P and PDS version? Maybe electronics, but I'm not sure at all. I found two pictures of Ukrainian PDS... only way to find differences is to compare P and PDS versions, using blueprints/drawings.

1531822.jpg

1518642.jpg

The parts:

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2740.jpg

IMG_2739.jpg

IMG_2741.jpg

One wing is ready for rescribing. It's really big, compare to the MiG-21...

IMG_2742-1.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

That's all for today! New pics soon!

Cheers,

Nenad

Edited by LanceR21

woohoo nenade, your builds might one day inspire me to take out my P and U out of stash and have a try at them

you mentioned rescribing wings? panel lines are incorrect or just too shallow and inconsistent?

Edited by Sebastijan
woohoo nenade, your builds might one day inspire me to take out my P and U out of stash and have a try at them

you mentioned rescribing wings? panel lines are incorrect or just too shallow and inconsistent?

Thank you!

Not only wings... I need to rescribe whole kit, because panels are too shallow.

And that's the main problem on this kit.

Cheers,

Nenad

nice choice.

keep in mind that the Ukrainian trident/shield on the decalsheet is a little to small. It's good for a 1/72 Mig-23/27 or so.

For the Foxbat you need a little bigger. I used the trident from an 1/48 decal sheet from a Su-17.

good luck and have fun.

• 4 months later...

Why doesn't anyone make a decent MiG 25 in 1:48......It is sooo coool and I think it would sell like hot bread (as we say in Norway)...

FO

By the way, your MiG's are Awesome!!!!!

Fo again...

• 6 months later...

Back on the road again!

Few days of rescribing and working on cockpit and it's finally finished. Now I can assemble the front part of fuselage and start engrave some panel lines... :P

I was thinking to do full rivets but not this time, 'just doing this MiG for my soul and collection.

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Some ruff work on fuselage:

7.jpg

8-2.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

• 2 months later...

Some updates on this beast...

Cockpit looks good to me and I'm satisfied with it. Resin parts fitted very good even I thought it's not gonna be like that. Washed and drybrushed with Promodeller and Tamiya products. Some antennas has been added in front of a windshield, flaps and few panel lines are fixed. Pitot tube is a needle, also a little one near the canopy.

Landing gear is really poor, so adding few details can't be bad thing. Front gear is finished, main gears still not. If somebody got pictures of main landing gear, post here, it will be helpful.

SAM_3143.jpg

SAM_3139.jpg

SAM_3170.jpg

SAM_3172.jpg

SAM_3177.jpg

SAM_3175.jpg

SAM_3178.jpg

SAM_3179.jpg

Nice work Nenad!

Dont forget for the MiG-25 that it was a welded aircraft and there were very few rivets on it, so for this of the next MiG-25 forget the rivetter. There are only quick release fasteners on the access panels but that is all. A lot of panel lines on the back of the aircraft are actually welded lines, they should be raised lines on the kit.

Will have a look at the thousands of photos taken in Moscow for the main gear, but it will take a few days.

Are you building a MiG-25PDS with the infrared search device under the nose?

Do you have any photos of that resin ejection seat you are building?

Best regards

Gabor

Thanks Gabor,

Yes, as far as I know, Foxbats have steel frames and panels are welded to it, there are just some rivets at the front and on the wings.

To be honest, I really don't know the main difference between PD and PDS version. Probably if you are looking the aesthetics, they are pretty much the same, so I will stick to PD.

Any picture of main landing gear will be helpful, thanks.

Cheers,

Nenad

Hi Nenad,

There was the original MiG-25P interceptor, then Belenko visited Japan . . .

The interceptor was redesigned and new electronics introduced so the MiG-25PD (Perehvatchik Dorabotannuj - Interceptor Upgraded) was born and manufactured. But there were a lot of original MiG-25P's in units so a conversion package was made for upgrading the existing P's to PD level. The converted P's received the PDS name. While they had all the latest electronics they still inherited a lot of structural details form the original P version (para brake housing, counterbalance weight on wing tips, nose gear, absence of capability to carry that enormous external fuel tank . . .). The wing tip weights are the most telling identity marks. The original drop shaped (P and PDS) is like the one on your kit while the newly built PD's had a cylindrical container there. As to the aesthetics of the aircraft there are no differences between the P, PD or the PDS. They are all the same grey with very little special markings if any.

For further info and walkarounds you can have a look at scalemodels.ru and in the Walkaround menu you will find some very detailed photo materials on both past and present examples.

Best regards

Gabor