Woke up this morning to......

2 foot snow bank? The snow bank at the end of my drive way was around the height my hips. I saw the plow go up my street once then back up and then came up again and pushed 3/4 of the snow in the street on my side. The guy across the street drove out without shoveling.
Sorry to hear that. The bank at the end of my driveway was up around my hip level as well prior to my neighbor plowing it for me. I had him take out the stuff at the end of the driveway around 3:30 and a city plow came back around 4:00 and put another two foot bank at the end. Fortunately my neighbor came back and got that one too.

That being said, it still took over 1-1/2 hours to clear the rest. The heavy, wet layer underneath is murder.

Around 2 cm last night (about an inch) which is NOTHING here. BUT!!!!!!! The snowplow came last night for the first time this year( new street). MASSIVE drift at the base of the driveway that took a wee bit of muscle to remove.

2 cm in Toronto! Call out the Army.

How far do you live from Toronto. I will be in Missasauga for a week in two weeks. I have never been to Aviation World, is it open in the evening?

2 foot snow bank? The snow bank at the end of my drive way was around the height my hips. I saw the plow go up my street once then back up and then came up again and pushed 3/4 of the snow in the street on my side. The guy across the street drove out without shoveling.

The snow at the end of my driveway is over 6 ft. One of the tree's in my front yard has nearly dissapeared. I think the tree is about 8 ft. I am going to take some pictures.

We recieved about 2 feet here in central CT .Fortunatly, my condominium association has enlisted the services of an excellent snow-removal contractor. But even they were not able to clear it all; as a result, I gave up my parking space to the couple next door with a 4-month year old baby boy (my good deed for the year!). Hey, better they have it near their door, I can walk the 50 feet to my car.

On the modeling side, Wednesday I got to deal with the awful fit of my ICM MiG-29 9-13 :angry:

Felinoid

Well the forecasters here got a bit surprised. Last night they were calling for a quick inch of snow maybe less,

Now we have 5 inches down, and the snow is not supposed to end until 3am if not later.

Between now and Monday, 10 inches or possibly more, and the best part, the snowplow drivers in the city of Duluth are talking a strike.

I left the house in Toronto this morning... snow.

The ride on the 192 bus in the... snow.

We do a two-step deice on the A/C because of... snow.

I dig my car out at BDL and get the house here in Connecticut and I've got like three figgin' feet of... SNOW!

I think I'll build a model :deadhorse1:

Edited by skidbuggy
The snow at the end of my driveway is over 6 ft. One of the tree's in my front yard has nearly dissapeared. I think the tree is about 8 ft. I am going to take some pictures.

Spring flowers (flower bulbs) are just starting to appear here on the West Coast....a few weeks early. With luck....winter is finally behind us. It was a nasty 8 weeks of winter with 2 separate snowfalls and close to 3 inches of snow in total.......and some frost on the windshield as well!!! One of the snowfalls was was so bad it took days before it was all melted.

I hate these Canadian winters. :deadhorse1:

Spring flowers (flower bulbs) are just starting to appear here on the West Coast....a few weeks early. With luck....winter is finally behind us. It was a nasty 8 weeks of winter with 2 separate snowfalls and close to 3 inches of snow in total.......and some frost on the windshield as well!!! One of the snowfalls was was so bad it took days before it was all melted.

I hate these Canadian winters. :P

Steve

Take rusty nail. Scrape scab off old wound. Empty salt shaker into bloody hole. Rub in with sandpaper. Repeat...

And recall happy childhood days living on Vancouver Island!!!!!

I need to convince my wife that we should move somewhere that doesn't have winter - like Canada's Extreme Northern California. It s*cks to live in a place where getting 3 dumps of 25 cm in the same week doesn't make the news!

ALF (Snowbound in Northern Quebec - November to April - Every Friggin Year!)

Steve

Take rusty nail. Scrape scab off old wound. Empty salt shaker into bloody hole. Rub in with sandpaper. Repeat...

And recall happy childhood days living on Vancouver Island!!!!!

I need to convince my wife that we should move somewhere that doesn't have winter - like Canada's Extreme Northern California. It s*cks to live in a place where getting 3 dumps of 25 cm in the same week doesn't make the news!

ALF (Snowbound in Northern Quebec - November to April - Every Friggin Year!)

I hear ya'. Real estate on the west coast has been pushed higher and higher by baby boomers escaping the winters and retiring on the west coast. There's 9 million baby boomers in Canada and during their whole working life as they battled winters.....all they kept hearing is how mild the winters were on the west coast. Now alot of them are retiring and moving west and bringing their life savings with them, which is keeping housing prices expensive. To be honest, I don't think they have any clue how depressing it is to have endless cloudy skies for months on end. Toronto seems to be having a mild winter this year. I sure could use a week of California sun right about now.

Of course this thread would be more interesting with some snow photos. :tease:

Snow......What is that. It is 79 degrees and sunny in Southern California this afternoon..........

YEAH SURE RUB IT IN!!!!!!!!! :tease:

Truthfully I am actually enjoying it for a change. I didn't want to miss my first day of classes today though. Oh well....

To be honest, I don't think they have any clue how depressing it is to have endless cloudy skies for months on end. Toronto seems to be having a mild winter this year. I sure could use a week of California sun right about now.

I agree that months of rainy grey weather can be a downer on morale... but having lived through 3 winters like that in BC, and 4 in Germany, I can certify that I far prefer rainy/grey to snowy/cold anytime. What you need to do is visit Cold Lake in mid January, the go back home and thank your lucky stars for your winter weather.

Of course this thread would be more interesting with some snow photos. :worship:

Ask and ye shall receive!

Our front yard has a tree that is over 6 feet (2 metres) tall - it is invisible under the mass of snow in the middle of this pic.

IMGP7350.jpg

IMGP7348.jpg

IMGP7349.jpg

Swim, anyone?

IMGP7351.jpg

Or maybe sit on the back deck? (that railing comes up to stomach level)

IMGP7352.jpg

The little bunny hill 5 minutes from our house. And no, that's not a ski bunny - it's my daughter!

IMGP7345.jpg

ALF