Who's Johnny you say? He's the laser toting prototype robot that was miraculously made sentient through a lightning strike. The famous 1980's scifi comedy captured my admiration at an early age and when I found out another dedicated fan was producing a limited injection molding run of Johnny I snatched up a healthy supply :D This particular J5 has been repainted and had some of the rough edges cleaned up. I'm glad with how it turned out though the client I built it for must not have been very impressed as he pulled out of the deal :/

J5 is 13" tall, features movable tracks and eyelids along with posable arms and fingers. Very realistic and one of the best representations of J5 ever made (short of the impossibly hard to find Johnny five toys used in Short Circuit 2.)

DSCF6227.jpgDSCF6236.jpgDSCF6228.jpg

This was a test run. The next J5 build will hopefully be even more detailed.

Josh

Now THAT is cool! I love it. I remember the show well. Along with "Batteries Not Included", they were some fun shows. Great job on it.

I often wonder if the team at Pixar that made Wall-E had any influences from Johnny 5? Sort of similar "facial" features.

Bill

I'd love to get my hands on one, but my wife would kill me. All thanks to the scene in the first one where Johnny 5 walks (rolls?) in on Ally Sheedy in the bathtub and says "Nice software, Steph-an-ie" (guess what my wife's name is...). She heard that line more than a few times after the movie made the rounds on campus.

She would kill me. Totally. Completely. Dead.

Edited by Llarry

"Short Circuit" is one of my kids favourite movies, one of their "old Mans" recommendations which came good (there've been a few :jaw-dropping: ) They were mightily impressed with this model of Jonny 5, I'd sure love to get one if they're available but I suspect they might be silly money.

Steve.

"Short Circuit" is one of my kids favourite movies, one of their "old Mans" recommendations which came good (there've been a few ;) ) They were mightily impressed with this model of Jonny 5, I'd sure love to get one if they're available but I suspect they might be silly money.

Steve.

That depends on your definition of "silly money" but yes they are a bit pricey. This particular repainted one is up on Evilbay right now as I had intended to sell it to a client that has since fallen through. You can still get them (with a slightly less good paint job) from Monsters In Motion for $225. Steep, yes, but keep in mind this is an injection molded durable plastic kit that had to be machined. Only 100 exists and they are numbered.

Plus they are too fun to play with to not have one around. I stocked up which is rare for me. Mainly did it because it doesn't look like there will be a 2nd production run :yahoo:

While agreeing that is not too unreasonable for that kind of model, by the time I factor in exchange rate & shipping it becomes pretty spendy & the kudos from the kids would be far outweighed by the loss of brownie points from the other half. A pity cause I think its really cool. :thumbsup:

Steve.

All I remember from Short Circuit is when they were in New York (Was that the second one?) and Johnny 5 became a gang member....

That was indeed Short Circuit 2. That is a pretty good movie as well. That movie has been the motivation for getting a toy sized Johnny.

All I remember from Short Circuit is when they were in New York (Was that the second one?) and Johnny 5 became a gang member....

Los Locos kick your @$$,

Los Locos kick your face,

Los Locos kick your balls into ou-ter space!

and check this out for a guy who built a Wall-E computer case mod. SO sweet!

Edited by RedHeadKevin