Mirage 2000D- Kinetic - 1/48

thank's for watching friend's

Sharkey, the kit had a very easy buil, i use i little filler on the build, all pieces had a easy build, jut the manual had some black outs, and any steps you had to decide alone because the manual not explain...but is a nice kit and a very plesure build

here some prgress:

wash finished, external stores and landing gear on the position

DSC_9966.jpg

DSC_9965.jpg

DSC_9962.jpg

DSC_9960.jpg

DSC_9958.jpg

DSC_9957.jpg

now, i had to put th antennas and nav lights, and....finaly finished my first for 2011, i want to finish him in this weekend because my new project arrives here today:

hobbyboss F-14A tomcat

DSC_9967.jpg

cheers

congrats to your mirage!!

Just found it here, now for you to late, but for other freaks of the delta:

http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/features/mi...2000b48me_1.htm

Mick Evans presents a Construction Feature on the Mirage 2000.

Maybe some finish on the exhaust nozzle? Looks so...silver!?

Uhhhh...I could need some days on brazilian beaches too. Have enough from grey european winter! :-)

Hi Tobik,

in first place, you are more than welcome, the brazilian summer had temperateures around 30 or 40ºc, ill be a nice change :jaw-dropping:

about the mirage, the nozzle on the 2000D, looks silver to me, look this pic

1366254.jpg

and i think that to represent this polish metal part i should paint with alclad, but my own alclad silver are finished

in the 2000B variant, that is a trainning version, an that the is the Mick Evans had build, the nozzle is a little bit more dark, looks like a burnt iron

1847518.jpg

thanks for the comment and ideas, keep with us

cheers

Edited by POMPEO

Hm yes, you are right, it looks polished! Maybe try humbrol polished aluminium or a Gunze Mr. hobby metal color, you can polish that too. I think a mix of stainless steel and aluminium will be good, and then polish (use a q-tip).

Alclad II is a fine stuff, but not always necessary!

and hey presto!! I hope you will scratchbuild the leakoil cart you see under the Mirage! It s a masterpiece of french craftmenship! haha..looks really funny but it is without doubt simple and effective! :thumbsup:

Hm yes, you are right, it looks polished! Maybe try humbrol polished aluminium or a Gunze Mr. hobby metal color, you can polish that too. I think a mix of stainless steel and aluminium will be good, and then polish (use a q-tip).

Alclad II is a fine stuff, but not always necessary!

and hey presto!! I hope you will scratchbuild the leakoil cart you see under the Mirage! It s a masterpiece of french craftmenship! haha..looks really funny but it is without doubt simple and effective! :D

thank's for the comments friends,

Tobik,

the leakoil cart is a really funny piece on the photo, but is not strange when we talk about the french air force, they are very conservators on the maintenance pratice :D:D:D

i will try polish the nozzle again to open a little bit of shine

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, for those who want to build the 2000D, I can recommend the Skyraider decal set in 1/48. I just have read the review at http://inscale.org/pub/index.php?topic=1010.0, and I can recommend as well. I have the same decal set and I'm very impressed. Hope it will be of some help for future builders! :woot.gif:

Edited by bungynik