So I'm finishing up an A-10 in the DS GB. I keep barraging them with questions so I thought I'd come here also to give them a break.

Anyway I'm fitting 2 LAU-88s with Maverick missiles. I'm only putting 3 on (2 on one side and the 3rd on the other) and am wondering in what order they fire off? I know back in DS they only ever took 2 per LAU on mission due to problems with the LAU and also the exhaust of the Mav so I'm wondering in what order they would be fired off?

Also I'm looking for a dual rail AIM-9 launcher for a 1/48th A-10 if anyone has one they'll part with. The Tamiya kit doesn't include one.

Thanks

Kris

to wet your appetite...

IMG_0755.jpg

You know, if you can't find a DRA for your AIM-9's, Sierra Hotel Models has a very nice resin one. It only costs $7: DRA. Sierra Hotel Models is run by some modellers who also post on ARC.

Also I'm looking for a dual rail AIM-9 launcher for a 1/48th A-10 if anyone has one they'll part with. The Tamiya kit doesn't include one.

That's because when the Tamiya kit came out, the dual AIM-9 launcher rail was still over a decade in the future :salute:

I believe they will launch from the shoulder mount 1st then the bottom.

Curt

There are now pictures up of the DRA's, sorry.

Edited by Netz
That's because when the Tamiya kit came out, the dual AIM-9 launcher rail was still over a decade in the future :)

Had no idea it was that old.

lol

That DRA is nice but Idk if I really want to pay 10$ after shipping for one little part. I may just leave it clean.

Anyone know if there's a weapons set that comes with a DRA? at least I'd get a bunch of other weapons then too.

• 1 month later...

For the LAU-88 launcher (even though it is designed to hold 3 MAVs) it is designed to go on either side of the Aircraft. So it only gets loaded with 2 MAVs one on the shoulder (outboard) and the other on the bottom (only on stations 3 and 9. Never on inboard because of wheel pod exhaust would fry the tire). I have seen this in many models, pics and in games and is pretty wrong (i have loaded these BTW its what I do). And I think fire order is bottom station is always sta 1 on either side and the outboard is sta 2 on a LAU-88 and if you also asking which side first that is up to which one the pilot selects.

Edited by Burnout55th
For the LAU-88 launcher (even though it is designed to hold 3 MAVs) it is designed to go on either side of the Aircraft. So it only gets loaded with 2 MAVs one on the shoulder (outboard) and the other on the bottom (only on stations 3 and 9. Never on inboard because of wheel pod exhaust would fry the tire). I have seen this in many models, pics and in games and is pretty wrong (i have loaded these BTW its what I do). And I think fire order is bottom station is always sta 1 on either side and the outboard is sta 2 on a LAU-88 and if you also asking which side first that is up to which one the pilot selects.

I also heard that the drag was horrible w the triple racks as well. Burnout, do you work on A10s? What unit if so?

I also heard that the drag was horrible w the triple racks as well. Burnout, do you work on A10s? What unit if so?

I was on the first A-10C's at Moody AFB (75th AMU) when they first got there. Have sense left and work F-22s right now

Edited by Burnout55th

I'm pretty sure that with the LAU-88, the order of firing is Inboard-Center-Outboard (I'll double check on Monday). It is possible to carry all three on the station; the problem with the inboard missile causing damage to the aircraft was fixed a few years back. As recently as 2003, Hogs carried 3 per station in combat, though only a few times. With the advent of the C-model, and the TGP being moved to Stations 2/10, we have both Maverick stations again, so the probability of seeing the LAU-88's in combat is remote. Keep in mind that only the 125lb warhead Mavs (B, D, H) can be carried on the LAU-88 -- the 300lb versions are too heavy.

As for which station (3 or 9) fires first is dependent upon which one the pilot calls up.

Your Hog looks great, by the way. Judging by the red tail flash, it looks like it will be either a New Orleans or Myrtle Beach jet? Looking forward to more.

I'm pretty sure that with the LAU-88, the order of firing is Inboard-Center-Outboard (I'll double check on Monday). It is possible to carry all three on the station; the problem with the inboard missile causing damage to the aircraft was fixed a few years back. As recently as 2003, Hogs carried 3 per station in combat, though only a few times. With the advent of the C-model, and the TGP being moved to Stations 2/10, we have both Maverick stations again, so the probability of seeing the LAU-88's in combat is remote. Keep in mind that only the 125lb warhead Mavs (B, D, H) can be carried on the LAU-88 -- the 300lb versions are too heavy.

As for which station (3 or 9) fires first is dependent upon which one the pilot calls up.

Your Hog looks great, by the way. Judging by the red tail flash, it looks like it will be either a New Orleans or Myrtle Beach jet? Looking forward to more.

good informative info :cheers:

and just to let you know, Bigasshammm finished his A10

Click Me to view