Hello first time here

Just wanted to stop in and say, hi there! My first time here. (not sure if this is the welcome area but thought I'd try it).

I've been into scale models since I was a kid. Got my pilot license back in the early 90's but way too expensive to continue flying.

I served as a crew chief on KC-135 aircraft for 4 years in the USAF in the late 90's.

I love aviation art and anything related to military aircraft. I also love to photograph aircraft.

Currently a Art Director and graphic artist.

Looking forward to sharing what I have and learning from experts here!

~Dale

aka StratoArt

Welcome StratoArt to the ARC from Lake Havasu. I have been wanting to go Chino for the longest time and just spend a weekend there at the airport, taking hundreds of pics, That would be grand. I also love aviation photography.

Oh StratoArt. There is a custom here on the ARC that the newbie buys a round, I'll have a Black and Tan.

Cheers :lol:

Andy G.

PS I'm impressed that you served as a crewchief on a KC-135, I just love all the variants of the USAF 135'5, beautiful aircraft.

Hey Dale, Welcome to ARC ! :wave:

You do some Fantastic Artwork ... :lol:

I grew up and lived in Buena Park myself ...

Glad to have you here, Newbie Buys ... ;)

-Gregg

Oh yes Buena Park, yep know that area.

Thanks so much. I hope to post my progress on my aviation art too, I just saw that area on the forum here, so I'm excited :)

Welcome StratoArt to the ARC from Lake Havasu. I have been wanting to go Chino for the longest time and just spend a weekend there at the airport, taking hundreds of pics, That would be grand. I also love aviation photography.

Oh StratoArt. There is a custom here on the ARC that the newbie buys a round, I'll have a Black and Tan.

Andy G.

PS I'm impressed that you served as a crewchief on a KC-135, I just love all the variants of the USAF 135'5, beautiful aircraft.

Thanks so much! Well, it was my pleasure serving in the USAF, like my father before me (starting to sound like Luke Skywalker) He served for 22 years and worked on MH-53J Pavelow's and others. I have a brother that is an aeronautical engineer at Eglin AFB working on F-15E's there and another brother who just came from Chief to WO in the Navy. So lot's of military in my fam.

The one thing I got to enjoy while serving in the USAF was the priveledge to do some squadron pride nose art at Fairchild AFB. I painted on 5 lead aircraft there back in 1999. You can see the imagery here: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/kc135rartdj_1.htm

From what I have researched my art is still flying on one KC-135R (0092, it was formerly on 0337 and was moved to the new aircraft) - "City of Spokane" also seen here: http://www.afsoc.af.mil/photos/mediagaller...446&page=40 (scroll down to where the mayor of Spokane is speaking in front).

That was way back in '99.

I also was commissioned to do a 9/11 logo for the West Coast Demo Team F-15 at Klamath Falls, OR. It was called "Lest We Forget" I'll have to find that in my archives.

Yes, I love the KC-135's. Specifically I crewed the KC-135R and also T variant. The T is the converted Q models which carried both JP-8 fuel for itself and also JP-7 fuel for SR-71 missions - this fuel was in the bladder tanks in the fuselage. The T and R model KC-135's are re-engined variants.

The noseart I did was just at the end of my service, and I was honored with the Air Force Achievement medal. I really liked working on that aircraft.

Hello and welcome aboard!!!

iqbsngdi.gif

Thank you! Looking forward to sharing my collection of Planes of Fame Chino photostream. I'll have to find the best place to post that.

Plus eager to show some progress on some of my model builds. Currently working on the Enterprise Refit from Polar Lights (with lighting kit from Trekmodeler), a new B-17G kit, and some restoration on some old kits that time hasn't been too kind with.

Thanks so much! Well, it was my pleasure serving in the USAF, like my father before me (starting to sound like Luke Skywalker) He served for 22 years and worked on MH-53J Pavelow's and others. I have a brother that is an aeronautical engineer at Eglin AFB working on F-15E's there and another brother who just came from Chief to WO in the Navy. So lot's of military in my fam.

The one thing I got to enjoy while serving in the USAF was the priveledge to do some squadron pride nose art at Fairchild AFB. I painted on 5 lead aircraft there back in 1999. You can see the imagery here: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/kc135rartdj_1.htm

From what I have researched my art is still flying on one KC-135R (0092, it was formerly on 0337 and was moved to the new aircraft) - "City of Spokane" also seen here: http://www.afsoc.af.mil/photos/mediagaller...446&page=40 (scroll down to where the mayor of Spokane is speaking in front).

That was way back in '99.

I also was commissioned to do a 9/11 logo for the West Coast Demo Team F-15 at Klamath Falls, OR. It was called "Lest We Forget" I'll have to find that in my archives.

Yes, I love the KC-135's. Specifically I crewed the KC-135R and also T variant. The T is the converted Q models which carried both JP-8 fuel for itself and also JP-7 fuel for SR-71 missions - this fuel was in the bladder tanks in the fuselage. The T and R model KC-135's are re-engined variants.

The noseart I did was just at the end of my service, and I was honored with the Air Force Achievement medal. I really liked working on that aircraft.

Dale

I only have a few more minutes here,have to meet some friends, will check your links and get back with you.

Andy G

hehe, I'm a tad partial to a bit of Guinness and or a good red wine myself, since I visited Mildenhall, England in the service.

(not to much of course)

;)