Airfix 1/48 Supermarine Spitfire MkXII (A05117).

They are very good, however you will get hammered for shipping to Canada which is GBP30.00 as Airfix use couriers for overseas delivery.

However, the price will stay the same even if you order several large kits, so stock up on the 1/48 Canberras and 1/72 Nimrod which are on sale at the moment.

Thanks for the heads up on shipping Sir Richard!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Brad

They are very good, however you will get hammered for shipping to Canada which is GBP30.00 as Airfix use couriers for overseas delivery.

However, the price will stay the same even if you order several large kits, so stock up on the 1/48 Canberras and 1/72 Nimrod which are on sale at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought mine in my LMS today (Glasgow UK) and it has been advertised as in stock on Hannants for a few days now.

By the way where did this spring from? I'm usually well informed but this slipped right under my radar and checking back a couple of months in the modelling press I can find no mention of it as a near-future release. Have Airfix been keeping it quiet or have I been more than usually distracted?

Have Airfix been keeping it quiet or have I been more than usually distracted?

It featured in the 2010 releases, and Airfix have been showing off the test sprues at shows since last summer. I don't have one yet, but those test shots were very nicely done.

There's a Seafire XVII on the way to keep it company,

Cheers,

Bill.

Airfix have been showing off the test sprues at shows since last summer.

They had a prototype at Yeovilton last February, I can't remember if it was from an injected test shot or rapid prototype. At last year's SMW Dale Luckhurst suggested - with a nod and a wink - that it would be a good idea to be at Yeovilton this February to catch up with some goodies.

My Mk XII is in the post, wish it would hurry up, also looking forward to the Seafire.

peebeep

They can't possibly be serious? £40 for shipping to the US? What are they going to do, charter a NetJets crew to fly it to my local airport? For crying out loud, that's ridiculous, I don't care how many kits you order. No thanks Airfix.

It must be their way of saying they don't wish to ship internationally. Even the Europe/Eire rate is disproportionate. Why buy direct from them in any case there are other options?

peebeep

They can't possibly be serious? £40 for shipping to the US? What are they going to do, charter a NetJets crew to fly it to my local airport? For crying out loud, that's ridiculous, I don't care how many kits you order. No thanks Airfix.

It's actually 'only' £30 to ship to the US, but that's still an extortionate amount for P&P.

Vince