Folks,

A few have posted up pictures of their work bench, work space, hangar, whatever name it may fall under. I find it very interesting myself, so if you`d like, here`s a thread to post up your pictures of where your models are created.

Cheers!

Mark.

It just so happens that I snapped a few pictures of my desk today. So, I get to be the first one to grace this thread with my messy workbench.

053-4.jpg

Don't you just love girlfriends that move your stuff without asking first?

052-3.jpg

And, just for the fun of it.

055-3.jpg

RYAN.

Here's mine. Not much to show for yet - I've really been in this place less than a month still. But, here's the start of it:

DSC05796.jpg

And the future projects up on the shelf:

DSC05797.jpg

The big metal thing on the right side is the map drawer. It's there I think almost permanently. Although I'll be building something a little more solid as the base for it. The plan is to have the spray booth/vent hood mounted on top of this, using the window above it as a vent:

DSC05795.jpg

I use it to lay out the parts for the cuttent kit (LMM obviously) in an easy to see manner, and think I'll continue to do this for all future builds - makes life very easy, and helps to avoid cluttering the (currently) limited work bench area. But really, I don't think I need much more for a work bench. Until I start that Mossie or Stuka again...

DSC05798.jpg

As for the bare walls, I've got a number of prints like this one that I want to frame and put up on the walls:

DSC05799.jpg

And that's my little corner of the model world.

Cheers,

Mark.

I worked on my model instead of taking a pic...I will snap some tonight.

Mark, is that an E-tomic/Parkzone Vapor box I see on your shelves? You a fellow flier as well?

Edited by Shawn M
I worked on my model instead of taking a pic...I will snap some tonight.

Mark, is that an E-tomic/Parkzone Vapor box I see on your shelves? You a fellow flier as well?

That it is Shawn! Great eyes on you there! I fly that little thing (broke it first try, so I use the thin plastic from window insulation kits... cheap piece of $#!%...). I've got that one, a couple large-ish gliders (Sophisticated Lady being one of them), a small helo that I'm trying to trouble shoot problems with right now, and I'm hoping some day soon to start that 54" fuselage for the Sea King... eh guys! You're not alone!

Edited by Kostucha

I love love love my Vapor, flew my last one till it came apart totally.

Bought a new Night Vapor and love it as well! Also have a UM Sukhoi, Had a UM P-51 (ravaged it for another conversion), have a Micro WW1 Albatross, A Blanik L13 Glider and a MCX heli.

I used to fly gassers as a kid, no room anymore for 6' wingspans.

Here's mine. Not much to show for yet - I've really been in this place less than a month still. But, here's the start of it:

DSC05796.jpg

And the future projects up on the shelf:

DSC05797.jpg

The big metal thing on the right side is the map drawer. It's there I think almost permanently. Although I'll be building something a little more solid as the base for it. The plan is to have the spray booth/vent hood mounted on top of this, using the window above it as a vent:

DSC05795.jpg

I use it to lay out the parts for the cuttent kit (LMM obviously) in an easy to see manner, and think I'll continue to do this for all future builds - makes life very easy, and helps to avoid cluttering the (currently) limited work bench area. But really, I don't think I need much more for a work bench. Until I start that Mossie or Stuka again...

DSC05798.jpg

As for the bare walls, I've got a number of prints like this one that I want to frame and put up on the walls:

DSC05799.jpg

And that's my little corner of the model world.

Cheers,

Mark.

Does that pic show that my tail sections came intact?

Or do you have two sets?

Those tail sections are from the kits fuselage - the front half is used for the front end, and the tail gun was taken from it, but as you can tell, there's been quite a bit cut into those tails (damage if you will), so your tails will be the ones used for the mid section... hahahaha... ironic and fitting, isn't it?

No Way! The there are no elves with modeling experience to know what is a scrap of plastic vs a shim set aside to fill the gap near the mis-foruantely placed detail in my locale. The elves who follow up for you guys at night seem to know what to do. My desk at DoD never looked that good either. In any event, I'd like to see this pinned at the regular forum. Lots of good ideas and featrure. Some I have or had have at different houses, but certainly some ideas, setups or mental designs anyone could use.

P.S. Some of my flat files are devoted to my art and some to modeling in similar fash as shown here. In the digital age, there was a period about a decade ago when flat files could be had on the cheap. Some older print/duplication shops may still have some sitting idle that might even be yours for the effort to "get them the hell outta here."

P.P.S. My father was a dentist and one night left his lab window open a crack to speed the drying of some X-rays. As it face a back alley, a keen-eyed patrol office noticed it on partol. Flashing light in the window, his next action was to call my father to tell him to get down they, his office had been ransacked. True! Its probably genetic.

Here are some photos of my Fortress of Solitude, hopefully a temporary arrangement, as soon as I can move a daughter out of the house I can move into a "real" room

fortressofsolitude1.jpg

the workbench - courtesy of my Dad's remodeling of his kitchen

fos2.jpgfos3.jpg

and some of my reference library

fos4.jpgfos5.jpg

Jeff

MS,

Great looking office, but where is the model room! Don't see any evidence of a model having ever touched the desk! Looks like some master chief just went through there with a white glove.

I am definitely jealous, the Navy gets all the best toys!

Jeff

Just so we're clear.. I hate you

AWESOME!!! It's not just a hole in the basement like mine - you've got your own Man Room it seems... WOW!

MS,

Great looking office, but where is the model room! Don't see any evidence of a model having ever touched the desk! Looks like some master chief just went through there with a white glove.

I am definitely jealous, the Navy gets all the best toys!

Jeff

This is one of three rooms that make up the main part of my basement. One is an office area with computers, tv, bar & book cases. The second area is another book case area, which is shown in the photos. The third area is the model room. Up to this weekend, this room was almost impossible to walk into except for a small corridor. It took some major excavation, but it's now cleaned up and ready to resume production. Yes, it looks spotless, but give it a week or so and it will look very lived in.

• 9 months later...

time to bring back an ancient post, because I can............and I kept forgetting till now

IMG_0044.jpg

To the left is my 2/3 empty display case topped off with a model railroad. I have a bookcase I'm almost done building thats gonna go next to the desk for all my reference stuff. Not only is this room a good man cave, but also a GREAT spot to hide christmas gifts cause the Secretary of War never goes into my stash!!