Tamiya 1/20 Honda F1 RA 272 + Driver

The Bill Of Materials.

TM20043.jpg

GF20-013.jpg

I will attempt a diorama of Richie Ginter before entering is car on the 1965 Mexican GP.

So far, the engine is done.

DILoB.jpg

I1K9C.jpg

hqo2J.jpg

NDPKh.jpg

9KwVy.jpg

QvKSn.jpg

8QQCa.jpg

Kg3iG.jpg

It was brush painted with a mix of Gunze Mr Color Metallic and Vallejo paints.

So far this kit is beeing a blast to build, and certainly one of the best I came across so far.

I would recommend it to anyone wanting to venture in the Auto modelling world.

Coments and sugestions welcome!

Cheers!

Thank you Holmes!

And it's done!! This was kind of a speed build, so while the enjoyment reached peak levels, the final result could have been better with a more slow approach. Nevertheless here are the photos:

FeNBN.jpg

U7hjh.jpg

yDnyw.jpg

zgNlh.jpg

vxgYZ.jpg

u9LGg.jpg

pOpDx.jpg

mORn2.jpg

C3t1M.jpg

Maybe in the weekend I will take some better pics, these were with the cell phone, and the red turned pink, among other things.

Next in line, the driver figure + the base.

Cheers!

Thank you Holmes!

And it's done!! This was kind of a speed build, so while the enjoyment reached peak levels, the final result could have been better with a more slow approach. Nevertheless here are the photos:

FeNBN.jpg

U7hjh.jpg

[Cheers!

Pinguis..

Buddy that is one amazing build and it looks DIVINE..

Reminds ME of something that STRILING MOSS would have driven during a F1Grand Prix.

I think it is STUNNING little build and you did a FANTASTIC job on this..and the Photos are

VERY GOOD... :thumbsup: <_<

BRAVO !!!

HOLMES :wub:

Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate it!

I'm already toying around with the driver and the base. Hopefully I will post an update in a couple of days!

Cheers!

Edit: I also have a couple more pics, with a better machine and lighting. Unfortunately this exposes the problems in my build even more, but I think the photos turned out cool.

06LLd.jpg

zEiq4.jpg

2YguC.jpg

d9Q0E.jpg

ExwWJ.jpg

1YYqJ.jpg

Edited by Pinguis

I made some stuff on the base.

tYf0L.jpg

f5UTC.jpg

31qTl.jpg

Those plaques with Gulf written were supposed to be a low wall with some vintage publicity. But to be honest, after this test I dont think a wall looks good there. However i would still like to add some old time feeling to the base, so maybe I will do a billboard instead.

Besides, im still not sure on wich side I will place the pilot. On front there is more space, but on the back, the focal point of the diorama remains the car.

Comments and sugestions very welcome!

Cheers!

Thanks a lot guys!!

Yesterday i put some paint on Mr. Ginther. The quality of the figure is good, and i suppose it was a mistake on my part that it needed filler at all.

YguHt.jpg

Other than that, it was a pretty straightforward paint job.

p7MbA.jpg

xhR7f.jpg

bEWnR.jpg

It looks much worse on the photos, than when seen live, but thats kind of expected, I guess.

This more or less the completed car + figure + base. The only thing that remains to be done its the advertising billboard.

busdm.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Cheers!

I made some progress on the billboard. As the printer was out of color cartridge ( titpical :nanner:) , I end up painting on top of the grayscale print. The metal frame is evergreen. Naturally is yet to be painted.

As they say in my business area, if at first you dont succed, call it version 1.0. Altough I kind of like it, I will certanly change it a lot.

QkukM.jpg

QcY9Y.jpg

gIIqY.jpg

Coments and sugestions welcome

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello Pinguis.

MAGNIFICENT....

Brilliant work on the diorama, and the Driver looks AWESOME...

His moccassions looks SO REAL..WOW !!!!

It is a BEAUTIFUL build and NICE FINISH ....

KUDOS !!!!

BRAVO!!!

HOLMES :lol: :pray::nanner: :wub: