I decided to to take a little break from the F-8C because i realized that re-scribing isn't as fun as I remembered. So I whipped this bad boy out of the stash last Friday.

The Box shot. I'm going to use the VT-23 Professionals markings. I live about an hour and half south of Kingsville NAS so these markings are a MUST for me.

t-2c.jpg

Nothing too cray here, just a straight forward build.

photo1-2.jpg

photo3-2.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

A quick update on my T-2C.

There was a pretty gnarly gap where the wings and fuselage meet, but it was nothing a little styrene and bond-o couldn't fix.

t-2c4.jpg

The underside was also a pain in the ---. I probably spent more time trying to fix this than anything else on this build.

t-2c5.jpg

A coat of primer...

t-2c6.jpg

...and the seams and gaps are gone!

t-2c7.jpg

I've made a lot more progress since these pics were taken. I'll try to post more pics this weekend.

Who knows, I might even have it finished by then.

Small update today. I'm not much of a football fan so last night was a good opportunity to do some painting.

t-2c8.jpg

t-2c9.jpg

I had a little bit of bleeding under the tape so I'm going to give it a few days to cure before I do any touch ups.

• 4 weeks later...

I wasn't pleased with the way the paint came out on the wings and I just couldn't leave good enough alone.

I originally used Tamyia spray paint but I applied it to thick and I lost a lot of detail in the panel lines. So I sanded them down and gave them a re-scribe.

e5ff4cc2.jpg

f7831cf5.jpg

I got the wing re-painted and I'm much happier with the result this time around.

139e3504.jpg

bc8e4e2f.jpg

I'm going to let the white cure for a few days and then hopefully I'll have the orange on by Wednesday or Thursday.

-Xavi

• 2 weeks later...

After taking a break from the Buckeye and looking over it, I've come to the conclusion that I'm still not happy with the white. So I'm going to strip off all of the paint this time. I'm going to try using brake fluid, which I've never done before, to strip the paint. What's the best way to go about doing that? Does anyone have any other methods that they use other that brake fluid?

Thanks

-Xavi

I use paint thinner on a paper towel or old sock and rub on it til it warms up. It works well.

I also use 600 wet/dry sandpaper if the paint is to thick then the paint thinner.

I'm not too sure about the brake fluid, but I know it will sure take the paint off a cars fender!

Good luck keep us posted.

Don't use brake fluid. It may make your plastic brittle. Try Super Clean or Westley's Bleche-Wite whitewall tire cleaner instead. Available at WalMart or automotive store for under $10.

263026e4.jpg

Edited by PlasticWeapons
After taking a break from the Buckeye and looking over it, I've come to the conclusion that I'm still not happy with the white. So I'm going to strip off all of the paint this time. I'm going to try using brake fluid, which I've never done before, to strip the paint. What's the best way to go about doing that? Does anyone have any other methods that they use other that brake fluid?

Thanks

-Xavi

Ma'an you're a glutton for punishment! :salute:

...and this is coming from a guy that stripped and painted the black widow three times! :woot.gif:

Gutsy call Xavi. Could you just re-do the topsides and fuselage perhaps?

Never done the brake fluid thing. wild!

Cheers

AC

I agree with Adam, If anything else leave the less visible areas alone, but whatever you decide, don't use break fluid! Never used it before, but it may prove too strong for styrene.

Don't use brake fluid. It may make your plastic brittle. Try Super Clean or Westley's Bleche-Wite whitewall tire cleaner instead. Available at WalMart or automotive store for under $10.

263026e4.jpg

Never used the above either, but have heard its good stuff.

Personnaly I've used easy off several times with good results. the only bad thing is that it smells very strong.

Keep up the good work.

Ernie A.

Thanks for all the tips and encouragement guys. I really appreciate it. The over all construction of the kit was great but this white paint is kicking the crap out of me.

Adam, I saw a matchbox T-2 on ebay yesterday for like 7 or 8 bucks. There are also a whole bunch of the revel kits too which are a re-box of the matchbox kit.