Hi Everyone!

I've got an Academy B-17G and a Paragon PB-1W conversion set, so...let's get going!

pb-1w1.jpg

pb-1w2.jpg

Cutting out the staggered waist window. So many little holes...

pb-1w3.jpg

And done!

pb-1w4.jpg

Building the front office and nose positions...

pb-1w5.jpg

;)

Mike

Mike!

Welcome!

I'm liking the work you're doin so far, and for it to be a PB-1W, that's going to be great, something unique here for sure. Doing the radome on top or on the bottom?

Can't wait to see more,

Cheers! Mark.

There is a great write up here focusing on the PB-1W, and "Texas Raiders" (as she used to be one). Here's the link:

http://vw1assoc.tripod.com/pb_1w_specif.html

A lot of great information and a good break down of the positions from front to back.

Cheers,

Mark.

That's where the pic came from! :D

I agree...great site, and it's what turned me on to getting the Paragon conversion!

:cheers:

Mike

• 2 months later...

Ok, finally an update!

As you can see, I'm just doing the bare essentials in the interior...this will be build gear-up and hung from the ceiling, so no point in going nuts.

DSC04274.jpg

The Paragon conversion set isn't designed to be "drop in". Here, the top turret mound had to be cut and sanded down so that just the ring is left for the plug to be attached to.

DSC04273.jpg

The ball turret plug does fit in nicely.

DSC04276.jpg

The chin turret plug is a challenge. It requires you to fit the ring as well as the gun housing itself (cut so that there's about a fourth of it left). The plug fits in the housing, and then everything has to be filled and sanded. You can see that on the last picture.

DSC04277.jpg

Finally, the radome fairing has to be ground out and sanded so that it conforms to the curves on the bottom of the fueselage. This is very difficult (and you can see I still had to do some filling).

DSC04290.jpg

:doh:

Mike

• 6 months later...