Brain cramp....brain cramp. Added the previous entry a second time, so completely edited t new entry...the miracle of modern technology.

Haven't got any work this night and last two.......4 days of military duty and long hours, and don't trust my self to handle a xacto blade.......

Will get more work tomorrow night.

Jeff

Typical armoured... don't worry, the infantry can take the xacto blade and finish the job. Hahaha...

Well, either way, I'm looking forward to seeing more work you're doin on this Y1B-17.

Cheers!

Mark.

"Typical armoured... don't worry, the infantry can take the xacto blade and finish the job. Hahaha..."

And to think I started training for light infantry....one too many viewings of the movie "Patton" and tanks it was....

After I get off here, back to the cave for more building.

Jeff

Us Missile guys rocket_launcher-2426-Copy.gif just loved to hear the Armor clanky clank tank-1.gif and Infantry clopy,clop 14_2_107-Copy.gif goin' by our batterys; then it was back inside and worry if chow was going to be late---So tough, but we got through it somehow. :stooges:

A duck hunter, eh? Which kind of missile guys!

Jeff

P.S. For the uninitiated, yes there is a nick name for just about every branch of the service. Usually the farther from the front line the branch serves, the more derisive the nick name!

A duck hunter, eh? Which kind of missile guys!

Jeff

P.S. For the uninitiated, yes there is a nick name for just about every branch of the service. Usually the farther from the front line the branch serves, the more derisive the nick name!

It was Old School, Air and Ground Defense

The N ike-Hercules nikehercby3.jpg

If it flew, walked or crawled we could make it go bye bye, But primarily for Air defense

Mark, you could take SHOWERS?!?!? wow thats great, we got sooo tired of the spa! :thumbsup:

We now return you to the forum in progress, with limited silly interuptions

GO RANGER GO RANGER you can do it, you can you cansmiley-face-bouncing-004.gif

Been slow lately. Had t make a new front bulkhead fro the radio room, old one wouldn't fit after fixing wing fillet. Been working on flight deck side walls and seats. Removed the aircrew from the pour stubs, result in one amputated foot and a decapitation :angry: The head went back on but one gunner will be short a foot......they made them tougher back then!

Started filling out radio room:

Back wall

radioroom2.jpg

Front wall:

radioroom1.jpg

I need to go back around the edge of the doors with the silver pencil. The early models have a bare metal frame around edge of the doors.Since the view will be down through the dorsal turret I didn't bother with the fancy and very flimsy photo etch legs and used more sturdy post. The radio operator will go into the appropriate seat. Will add two more seats and some more radio equipment on back wall. Also have some components and conduit to go on side walls.

In back ground of photos are a collection of arms for the crew.

Jeff

Talk about getting some helping hands!

Looking good, and your plan makes a whole heck of a lot of sense with regards to the post. The pencil should do the trick, a lot easier with a consistent line that a paintbrush may not be able to give you.

Can't wait for more, you've got this one looking steller so far good Sir!

Mark.

Been slowly working on the interior and the crew.

Radio operator:

radiooperator1.jpgradiooperator2.jpg

flight deck:

crew1.jpg

crew2.jpg

gunners:

gunners.jpg

Need some better while paint. The paint I used did not flow well...probably too old. If you get this crew, from legend, paint them before you add the arms :bandhead2:, I painted some before adding the arms, others after.. the arms make it hard on the sitting figures to paint the chest area....DOH!!!!

I am waiting to finish the interior of the nose until I receive my B-17 "owners manual". I have only one picture of the nose and that is facing forward.

Jeff

All,

finally got to some more work on this beast, but first I had an epic, to the death battle with the garage door :shoot: . Had to change out a hinge and all the rollers.....finally have all but two rollers changed out after the expenditure of many expletives :) , but my some miracle no blood!!!!

Anyway, I completed the radio room with addition of two additional seats and the floor hatch.

radioroom3_edited.jpg

Additionally, I framed out the left-side waist and put in the frames on the fight side:

leftsideframe_edited.jpg

DSCN3562_edited.jpg

I had originally painted the inside of the waist compartment, but then I futured the turrets and found out how much could be seen. Had to remove the old paint and made somewhat of a mess "installing" the frames and stringers. Hopefully some primer will help before I put on a new coat of aluminum paint. Anyway, good rehearsal for the Model 299.

I hope to get the fuselage closed up this week, as I have a 4-day conference this weekend :explode:

Jeff

Jeff

looking good!

Those figures really add some life to it.

They do definitely help,but I have some complaints about the seated figures.They kinda of remind me of littleoldladies driving a car,allscrunched over with legs drawn up.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have crawled out of my hole - hiding from the Cicadas! I am in the process of closing up the fuselage. I will get photo in next entry of interior before I closed the fuselage.