1/48 HH-60H by Skunkmodels Workshop

Well that came out of nowhere. I would have laid money that a Rescue Hawk by Skunkmodels was a non starter. I have several Seahawks in my stash by Italeri but no Rescue Hawk so I guess I have to add this to my list.

You know I would have thoought the markings would have been a bit more colourful. Oh well.

That looks a lot like the Italeri kit with a Flir added, I am guessing that based on the way the clear parts go together (poorly- esepcelialy the overhead windows) and the seats look exactly the same, also the panel lines are heavy and there is no rivet detail. I have the SH-60B kit with the Hotel conversion by Cobra company and it has that FLIR in it, my guess is Skunkworks copied the part and licensed the Italeri kit and made up some new decals. I like the Minicraft H-60 kits better, they should have used those as a basis or done a new tool H-60 , that would have been really nice since there is much room for improvement. But hey what fun would that be? That's what scratch building is for!

I wonder if they included the radio rack that sits right behind the co-pilot seat and also include M-134 Minigun with mounts and some detail for the roof of the main cabin, if not like evnewsphoto said "Thats what scratch building is for!" Also I have the Cobra Company Rescue Hawk set in my stash plus a strinken one from the move, I was wondering if some the resin would work on this Rescue Hawk.

Does anyone have an idea when this Rescue Hawk will be available to buy?

Stanton

Edited by HS-4Grandson
  • 3 weeks later...