F-4E??? (1/48)

Fujimi's kit is 1/50 scale no matter what the box says first out in 1969 and very inaccurate.Academy reissued it last year.The best so far is Hasegawa's efforts.The early non slat wing kit has been reissued by Monogram Pro Modeler.The slat wing has been reissued By Revell of Germany.Italeri has reissued some Esci F-4E's.Hope this helps.

The only way I would buy the Fujime kit is for nostalgia.I bought one when they 1st came out in 1969 for $3.98 at Sumter SC hobby shop.I was stationed at Shaw AFB at the time.I would buy the Academy only for the South Korean decals to use on a Hasegawa F-4E.

I bought one when they 1st came out in 1969 for $3.98

Wow! That was big money for a model in 1969! I distinctly remember the first time I saw, four years later, the Hasegawa/Minicraft 1/32 F-86F in the hobby shop window. Remember that box with a photo of the model in side view - in *gold*? It was $9.99. I remember thinking I was going to have to shovel a *mountain* of snow and rake a lake of leaves to get that much money. But I did it!

:cheers:

Edited by Jennings
Wow! That was big money for a model in 1969! I distinctly remember the first time I saw, four years later, the Hasegawa/Minicraft 1/32 F-86F in the hobby shop window. Remember that box with a photo of the model in side view - in *gold*? It was $9.99. I remember thinking I was going to have to shovel a *mountain* of snow and rake a lake of leaves to get that much money. But I did it!

:D

Yep I bought one for $10 at the old Squadron shop in Detroit MI.There used to be 2 or 3 Squadron Hobby Shops in Detroit.

so, F-4D Hasegawa is the best one even thou it has raised panel lines?

Don't rule out the Monogram kit. Also raised panels, but a better cockpit and weapons in the box.

Cheers,

Andre