Phil Marchese's PB2Y-5H

:taunt:, Is anyone else having trouble seeing this article? I'm seeing a red cross where the main pic should be and when I click on the article heading I get a 404 message. This is a shame as I would love to see this one. Any thoughts anyone?

:blink:,

Ross.

:rolleyes:, G'day Gregg, thank you for the link but it's now working for me too. Don't know what the problem was but it's resolved now. Yes it is an impresssive build. I've always liked the Coronado and would loved to have seen them in action, or at least at rest. I think I was born about 30 years too late to see a lot of my favourite aircraft in the flesh, although I did have the opportunity to see one of my favourites in the flesh years ago. There used to be a forlorn Supermarine Sea Otter at Awaba near Toronto on the main norhtern railway line and it was visible from the road and railway. How it came to be there I don't know but it's long gone. In those days many people who didn't know one bird from another used to call it a Catalina, probably because the Rathmines flying boat base where much of the RAAF's wartime Catalina fleet was based, wasn't too far away from where it lay rotting and rusting to death.

:thumbsup:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford

Hi Ross....you hit the home page during the two minute window after I loaded the homepage and then scramble to upload any articles I hadn't loaded in advance of loading the homepage. I try to upload all the articles ahead of time....but there is always one or two that I miss and have to upload after th homepage is uploaded.

So don't worry.....it's nothing at your end etc........just amazing timing on your part.

:wacko:, Hi Phil,

You're welcome mate. You did well on your build and I wish someone would produce it in injection moulded form, but I guess I can always dream. I have actually seen in the flesh a couple of the Coronado's Catalina predecessors, the first one being the Confeaderate Air Force aircraft painted up in spurious RAAF post war markings at Williamtown and at the Lake Macquarie maritime festival in 1980 when it landed on Kilaben Bay and then taxied up the wartime flying boat ramp at Rathmines. It was based at Williamtown for 6 months before returning to the US. The other one is the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society's VH-CAT at Avalon in 2005. Sadly this aircraft has suffered a sinking in the past and is no longer certified for water landings. We do however have another Cat in OZ now and this one is certified for water landings and it's hoped will be based at Rathmines sometime in the future.

:wacko:,

Ross.

Edited by ross blackford