Wolfpak's First Release of 2011

This might help clear things up.

Quoting from the latest Harrier SIG Briefing (newsletter), info provided via Dave Fleming by Staff Sgt Dave Roof of Flying Leatherneck Decals and Orion Scale Models...

"The USMC has recently begun painting its AV-8B fleet in the latest incarnation of the Harrier Tactical Paint Scheme (HTPS). Having experimented last year with removing the FS.36118 Gunship Grey ‘saddle’ on a couple of aircraft leaving the aircraft in FS.36231 and 36320, the Corps has now decided on a darker scheme with FS.36118 on the upper surfaces and FS.35237 on the undersides. A number of aircraft can now be seen sporting these colours, including at least one TAV-8B."

Dave Roof produced a special scheme for the CO of VMA-231 'Ace of Spades' aircraft 164552, which looks very nice indeed, in fact one of the best USMC schems I've seen...

This was found here link. .

Here to are some shots of the VMA-214 CO bird that I took back in May when I handled it. The first three shots shows a standard gun pack in 36320 against the new paint scheme. You can notice a difference in the color right away. The last shot is of the starboard side with full sun. Also note that all stencils on the aircraft that fall on the 36118 are the same color as that used on the bottom of the aircraft.

100_3960.jpg

100_3959.jpg

100_4011.jpg

100_4008.jpg

Dave Fassett

Edited by Bulldog 09