I need some ideas.

I need some ideas.

I’ve decided to build the new WingScale 1/32 scale B25 and cover it in kitchen foil. The plane will represent one of those restored, highly polished WW2 birds you see at fly-ins and museums across the country. Because I want it to represent all B25’s, its name and nose art will be fictitious. The aircraft and the original canvas painting of the nose art will be auctioned off on eBay. The money raised will go to a WW2 restoration project or the aviation museum in Hamilton, Ontario, I’m not sure which however, and I’m leaning towards the museum at this point.

This means I have to come up with a name and nose art idea that somehow refers to or references ARC and WW2. My daughter is a graphic designer and artist and somewhat specializes in painting pinup girls in the 40’s style. Once I’m able decide on the idea for the aircraft’s nose art she has volunteered (because I told her she had to), to paint the nose art on canvas approximately 17 x 22 inches (maybe 11 x 17 we’re not sure yet). This is not amateur art… she is very, very, good at it. I’ll post samples later.

I am also going to use the build as an excuse to write another “How Toâ€, this time covering foiling.

I need some ideas from you folks for the name and nose art incorporating ARC and WW2. As a hint someone earlier suggested “Aluminum Rain Cloudâ€. Any ideas you could contribute would be appreciated.

I think MINE is a bit different to the normal English language but this is what I came up with and what it means...

Your daughter would have a lot of scope with this one I think anyway..

AGNI = Sacred Fire, Fire GOD.

RAHU = North Node of the Moon..Dragon Head.

CHAKRAS = Nerve Center of the Subtle Body, non dualistic Philosophy

Comes from the Indian Sanskrit words... "AGNI RAHU CHAKRAS "...

HOLMES :D

Edited by HOLMES

Well you know some war bird pilots had their hometown name on it in some shape or form like Memphis Belle, etc

You could name it "Toronto Bronco" with a woman wearing negligee wearing cowboy boots and hat riding a bronco for the nose art. I like that idea, BTW!!!! But it is your plane.

or, you could "Ontario Mary-O" with a woman in negligee standing, with 1 hand on her tummy and 1 hand with her finger on her lips.

Edited by TheHarleyMan2
Well you know some war bird pilots had their hometown name on it in some shape or form like Memphis Belle, etc

You could name it "Toronto Bronco" with a woman wearing negligee wearing cowboy boots and hat riding a bronco for the nose art. I like that idea, BTW!!!! But it is your plane.

or, you could "Ontario Mary-O" with a woman in negligee standing, with 1 hand on her tummy and 1 hand with her finger on her lips.

Thats actually a nice idea, I'd go trying to inject some locality into it.

How about "MOON OVER MOAI" OR "VINCENT'S VIRGIN" with requisite reclining babe? :thumbsup:

Oh those two had me laughing so hard I snorted my Tang!!! (get you minds outta the gutter people)

"SBARC's Hussy"

Or to continue with the Double Entendre, like most names had

"Sticky Fingers" With the requisite Vargas girl trying to shake off a bomb that is glued to her fingers

Or

"Foiled Again" the requisite Pinup girl in a chrome bikini, kinda like Sorayama...

William G

Always thought "Miss Demeanor" would be a cool name for an aircraft, or even "Miss Appropriation" for some of those so called black projects

But to represent all B-25s, maybe something simple like "Rosie's Revenge" or something, with a nice picture of our favorite riveter

From the top of my head (a cold place these days!!)

Raiders of the Lost ARC

ARC of the Covenant

SBARC

Bright SpARC

DARC Matter

ARC Royal

DARC Avenger

ARChimedes

ARCher

Joan of ARC

ARC de Triumph

Ken

Thanks Ken, lot's of good ones here. Joan of ARC is my favorite so far. It has the ARC piece and the potential of a good graphic!

Oh those two had me laughing so hard I snorted my Tang!!! (get you minds outta the gutter people)

"SBARC's Hussy"

Or to continue with the Double Entendre, like most names had

"Sticky Fingers" With the requisite Vargas girl trying to shake off a bomb that is glued to her fingers

Or

"Foiled Again" the requisite Pinup girl in a chrome bikini, kinda like Sorayama...

William G

Funny you should suggest 'Foiled Again". That's the name of the 'how to' article I'm writing to go with the build.

How 'bout "Hogtown Honey"?

This is good too. Into the mix goes this suggestion... all will be put to a vote in the end.

Thanks Tony.

PS.

Have you seen Dave since Sherry passed?

Edited by Miccara

If you are planning to cover it in Alum. Foil...I vote for "Foiled Again" sounds like an actual name and it has that double meaning. I am sure someone could come up wioth a pretty decent piece of nose art...mabe a a pin-up girl with certain areas coverd by alum. foil??

Sean

How about "Alice" as in Wonderland?

There was a "Leinke" but it had no art and was 'normal' export cammo.

If you can get over the fact the NEIAF pilot's wife was Leinke and she and his children were in Japanese hands from 1941 until 1945.

Nah! Put a tart on your model.

That'll be ok.

G

• 2 weeks later...