Coral Sea (Battle of!) EA-6B!?!?!

The Navy has a Facebook page?

Sheesh...

Not only that but there is a 100 yrs of Naval avation facecrack page, an Naval Air Forces face crack page, and a NHHC face crack page. Oh and the National Naval Air Museum has a face crack page. I would suggest you subscribe to the NHHC and the National Naval Air Museum page cause at least daily they put out some pretty cool looking pictures. Like yesterday they had a shot of Douglas factory with some F4D Skyrays being manufacutred.

I have watched them paint this bird up it took them two weekends in a row. From what I remember it is suppose to simulate the same paint scheme that Cdr William Ault's bird from VS-2 when he was lost during the Battle of Coral Sea. It and the Growler are suppose to be in San Dog during the fly over later in Feburary. There is suppose to be a big whoop-dee do to kick off the celebration of 100yrs of Naval Aviation starting with a dinner and flyover/airshow on the USS Midway.

I would suggest you subscribe to the NHHC and the National Naval Air Museum page cause at least daily they put out some pretty cool looking pictures.

No thanks. Don't need to turn my brain to mush on FB... Nor do I tweet. I do occasionally stay a Holiday Inns, but that's about it. :whistle:

Digging the Prowler... and the Growler and Hornet and Seahawk....

FTD_46056_profilesx.jpg

-brian

HOLY MOLY BATMAN!!!!!!!!

I was hoping you would post, Brian; but this rocks!!!!! Thanks :wacko: !!!!! How soon can we expect this beautiful sheet!?!

Now to go purchase some more kits.......

It's about TIME we see some fixed wing combat assets painted up in WW2 camo schemes!!!!! I am in love with that Prowler and I think that scheme might be perfect for a Monogram kit I have stashed away (too poor to buy the Kinetic kit right now).

I'm very, very anxious to see one of those P-3's in the barn.... Maybe it'll convince us to do a big 1/72 sheet...

release date is the next one (following the release we have next week) :thumbsup: but with multiple Hornets getting painted up we may re-organize...

fwiw, the S-3 CONA jet is in the releases next week.

-brian

I'd definitely be up for that set if it's released in 1/72! That Prowler looks stunning. Actually, I'm loving every one of the retro birds I've seen so far (yellow winged Goshawk! <3 )

When I saw the recent VFA-31 75th anniversary and the VFA-14 anniversary Super Hornets I had high hopes for the Centennial schemes, but I find what I've seen sofar a bit disappointing. Judging by the reactions here and on other forums I'm probably the only one.

When I look at the schemes posted by Brian for example, they look like a snap shot from half way thru painting. But that isn't true, this is how they actually look finished. Personally I think those are a little bit boring.

The T-34s and T-45s don't float my boat either and neither does the F/A-18E of the Gladiators. I do like the dark blue VFA-106 Hornet, the digital VFA-122 SH and the olive drab H-60, but that's about it. All the others are too much of the same.

Don't get me wrong: I'm probably going to build a few of those, because they make a nice change from the usual stuff in the display cabinet (providing decals released in the proper scale). And I've already booked my ticket to visit San Diego for the kick off events early February. But still, I feel it is a missed opportunity design wise.

This is IMHO and only that, and I don't want to send out any negative vibes. I am happy something is been done to celebrate the centennial, and as a US Naval aviation fan I hope to be present at at least one such event.

:monkeydance:

I have to second what Pollie has posted. So far, the only schemes that have floated my boat have been the overall gloss sea blue H-60, & the blue & grey S-3.

Well, now that MH-60R on the sheet is kind of growing on me.

Nevertheless, as a modeler, I'm glad to see the community jumping all over this in a good way.

Ish, not hatin', just sayin'

Pollie and Ish,

I understand what you're saying, but I think the idea for the paint schemes was to commerate the history of NavAir. They've pretty much nailed each paint scheme that has been put on a Navy plane. It sounds like maybe you were wanting more "anniversary" type schemes with special markings and all that, kind of like when the Navy celebrated the 75th Ann. It seems they decided to specifically do accurate, historical paint schemes instead of special ones, if that makes sense. For me, I love to see the old schemes. The only one I'm really disappointed with is the VFA-106 Super Hornet. The markings look great, but I really wish they had done gull gray over white. So far there hasn't been a single GG/W scheme.