Here is what I hope to start tomorrow. A CF-100 MkIV and MkV.

Thinking 428 and 425 squadrons.

DSC_0396.jpg

Cool, I was tempted to pick up a 1/48 Mk IV last Saturday at a hobby shop clearance sale. Only reason I hesitated was because I didnt know much about the kit. Good luck with the builds.

Finally, I see the answer to my questions...

I have looked all over and failed to find the big Tamiya F-4J kit, as well as the HC CF-100 in 1/48...

Now I know who has them all! :monkeydance:

Will be watching this one - the old Clunk is a great subject.

ALF

That big F-4J was built years ago. I just use the box as a paint blocker.

Anywho the MkIV is slapped together. I won't go into how lacking this kit is as the last time I slagged this company it caused an international incident.

The cockpit , such as it is is.......is ......... well I painted it black and intend to toss some pilots in there.

As you can see I am making this model in flight. Surprisingly the landing gear doors fit the fuselage PERFECTLY!!! No putty required at all.

Now, the main fuselage required putty on both sides and lots of it

DSC_0397-1.jpg

I am adding a couple peices of plastic to the cockpit to add a wee bit of missing detail. Not sure yet if its going to end up as a Mk4a or b. But I have decided on 428 squadron.

Here is a photo of a MkVd I built several years ago......

DSC_0398-1.jpg

Edited by phantom

Right, had a day off and was able to assemble the second one. Going to paint them together. Both natural metal schemes.

THe Mk4a will be 428 squadron and the MkV will be 425 squadron.

DSC_0401.jpg

Sadly I forgot the nose weight in the MkV.

Edited by phantom

THe boxxes the clunk come in take up too much room, so I'll make another one. 440 squadron.

This one will have the speed brakes dropped.

DSC_0418.jpg

Made out of cardboard and putty. The little arms are the canopy holders from F-4s that I built with the canopies down.

Nice Zilches, buddy. A friend's dad flew them with 440 Sqn at Bagotville. You use the Arrow Graphics decals? I've looked for quite some time for a 1/48 Mark 4 but I can't find one. Eventually...

And I agree with Emil. Where are the Keebler Elves!?

Edited by AX 365