With all the new UAV kits on the market and new ones on the books, what about a UAV GB? I would include subjects like the V-1 Buzz Bomb, all sorts of drones. Basically anything unmanned except for missiles or rockets but there may be exceptions on this as well.

Just testing the waters......

With all the new UAV kits on the market and new ones on the books, what about a UAV GB? I would include subjects like the V-1 Buzz Bomb, all sorts of drones. Basically anything unmanned except for missiles or rockets but there may be exceptions on this as well.

Just testing the waters......

I haven't built anything in a very long time....a GB like this would be a very very nice re-start, it would be nice since most kits wouldnt require much detailing. I would certainly be in.

Edited by camaroz06

Group build for Target drones and UAVs? Why not?

I like to participate. Just think of the possibilities with this:USA, international, experimental & never-operational types, etc.

I sent in a request to Steve Filak to see when one could be done. I was thinking of mid 2011 start to early 2012 end.

Once approved, I can start looking for sponsors for prizes etc.....should be a fun build.

One subject that would be interesting is operation Aphrodite which one of the aircraft, a PB4Y exploded early killing Joesph Kennedy.

On this theme, Mistels would also be eligible.

Edited by drhornii
One subject that would be interesting is operation Aphrodite which one of the aircraft, a PB4Y exploded early killing Joesph Kennedy.

On this theme, Mistels would also be eligible.

I had always thought it was converted B-17 that he died in, learn something new everyday. Also I didn't realize how the program itself was such a failure.

I'll be in on a UAV GB... Currently working (and slowly at that) on the 1/48 Bronco MQ-1 Predator and will also be getting that 1/48 MQ-9 Reaper announced by Skunkmodels as soon as it's out. \

Rob

Same here. I just got the Bronco MQ-1 Predator. I'd like to get the Reaper too. I'm in as well.

• 1 month later...
Hey All, has this build gotten anywhere on the road to being?

Think it will be a great idea still. It will be different.

I have not heard back from Steve Filak. Can anyone higher on the food chain give him a jingle on this?