Best Looking Modern Jet Fighters Poll

Best Looking Modern Jets Poll  

193 members have voted

1. 1. What is best looking Lightweight Fighter?

• F-16
    • F-18 A/C
    • Mig-29
  2. 2. What is the best looking Heavyweight Fighter

• F-14
    • F-15
    • F-18 E/F
    • SU-27
  3. 3. What is the best looking generation 4.5 fighter?

• Gripen
    • Typhoon
    • Rafale
    • J-10

Can't vote. You forgot the BEST looking of them all. The phantom!!!!!!!

Sure, next you'll tell me the phantom is not a "modern fighter". The phantom is a "timeless fighter".

Edited by phantom

If you're talking modern day fighters, you left off the sexiest one of all of them - the Rafale. I'm not a big fan of French aircraft, but in terms of pure aesthetics, the Rafale is far and away the prettiest of the bunch. It's up there with the Spitfire and the F-86 in my book.

J

Sure, next you'll tell me the phantom is not a "modern fighter". The phantom is a "timeless fighter".

i agree with you...

since there is Tomcat, wich isn't either wath we can call a modern fighter...

cos, to me, the fact that IRIAF still operate Tomcats doesn't meat at all that it deserve the 'modern fighter" title... since Phased out from US Navy...

i agree with you...

cos, to me, the fact that IRIAF still operate Tomcats doesn't meat at all that it deserve the 'modern fighter" title... since Phased out from US Navy...

Wouldnt that be the Best Looking Razor category?

William G running for cover

:coolio:

If you're talking modern day fighters, you left off the sexiest one of all of them - the Rafale. I'm not a big fan of French aircraft, but in terms of pure aesthetics, the Rafale is far and away the prettiest of the bunch. It's up there with the Spitfire and the F-86 in my book.

J

It's there with the 4.5 group.

i agree with you...

I call a "modern fighter" anything that is a teen series or later, or if built by another nation, a contemporary of that group. The Tomcat was part of the 4th generation group of aircraft built from the lessons of Vietnam. Even though it has been phased out now, it still qualifies as a modern fighter in my book as its contemporaries are still going strong.

Yes, the F-4 Phantom-II is the BEST looking and ugliest heavy weight of all time.

For the light weight catagory, the Hawker Hunter, followed by the F-86 Sabre and the MIG-15. All these early jets are pretty light weight by today's standard.

How can anyone look at a MiG-29 and not have a smile come to their face?

I'd vote for this one...

mig29.jpg

Mike

Well, if you want to be like that, this would be my vote for prettiest F-16:

f-16wreckage.jpg

orlusina.jpg

:banana:

Define Modern,

The EAP which was the Eurofighter in all senses of the word was flying in 1986........... such is the timescale to get stuff into service these days that is 20 pus years ago, more if you count cutting metal....

Mig 29 1977 30 plus years ago.............

The F14 first flew in 1970 that is 41 years ago and bar Iran is retired

The Hunter is still in service in the UK!

Guest Michael Bay
Even though it (the Tomcat) has been phased out now, it still qualifies as a modern fighter in my book as its contemporaries are still going strong.

That's because they weren't rendered obsolete by a boat back in the mid 90s. BOOM

Define Modern,

The EAP which was the Eurofighter in all senses of the word was flying in 1986........... such is the timescale to get stuff into service these days that is 20 pus years ago, more if you count cutting metal....

Mig 29 1977 30 plus years ago.............

The F14 first flew in 1970 that is 41 years ago and bar Iran is retired

The Hunter is still in service in the UK!

I defined modern as jets built in the wake of lessons learned in Vietnam. Aircraft that have "modern" avionics, advanced radars/weapons, and can really turn and burn. So that means the F-14 and later, and including all other fighters built to compete with them. Also, remember that the F-14D was extremely capable, was retired less than 5 years ago, and even at that was retired primarily because of maintenance and operating expense. I also realize the A model 'Cat was underpowered, but that was not the original plan. It was supposed to have advanced technology high thrust engines from the outset.

Also, I can't believe the F-16 bested the F-18 in this poll!

Edited by DutyCat