Last ones. Two pics show the Bug and Harrier i did earlier side by side.

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0575.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg

I'll do one more for this GB, probably a F-4. Right now, i'm going to the muscle car GB to take a break from the winged things.

Edited by dmthamade

The build is nice, no doubts. But how about the final touch? I mean something that usually sits on the wing tip pylons. :whistle: I think Zactomodel's AIM-9X is your best bet! :thumbsup:

A pair of them will bring realism to your build all right! ;)

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

The build is nice, no doubts. But how about the final touch? I mean something that usually sits on the wing tip pylons. :whistle: I think Zactomodel's AIM-9X is your best bet! :thumbsup:

A pair of them will bring realism to your build all right! ;)

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alexander

Thanks for the feedback, guys!! You are right, Alexander, some nice Zactomodels Bling would be nice. Problem is, this build barely fits in my display case. When i shut the door, the nose cone touches and the pylon nearest to the door bends about 3/8 of an inch. A tip mounted missile would mean the build would not fit. I'm suprised by the size of this plane, the F/A-18C i built fits very nicely in the case. Going to do a car or two now, but i plan on doing one more build, either a F-4J in old high viz markings, or an A-7E in high viz markings.

Don

Thanks for the feedback, guys!! You are right, Alexander, some nice Zactomodels Bling would be nice. Problem is, this build barely fits in my display case. When i shut the door, the nose cone touches and the pylon nearest to the door bends about 3/8 of an inch. A tip mounted missile would mean the build would not fit. I'm suprised by the size of this plane, the F/A-18C i built fits very nicely in the case. Going to do a car or two now, but i plan on doing one more build, either a F-4J in old high viz markings, or an A-7E in high viz markings.

Don

I remember many years ago when they were first disclosing info on the Superhornet I watched a Discovery program on it that showed a layout of how much bigger it was than normal F-18s. I was blown away. I can tell by the 48th scale one I'm currently building that they are massive so in 1/32 scale I can only imagine. Probably as big if not bigger than F-14s in 1/32.

It's your model keep those pylons clean if you need to!

That Harrier is awesome too.

Are the 32nd GBU-12/16's Black Box or did you still those from a kit....I have that same kit but it is in my storage unit till we move into our new house in the next few weeks. Excellent work thinking of doing me a VFA-211 build since my is in starting phase in the paint barn.

Stanton

The Tomcat doesn't look much larger than the Superbug, both seem to take up a LOT of real estate. The GBU-12s are from the kit. They really don't look too bad though the markings for them are a bit simple. I did the ablative coating as they are smooth Air Force types. I used Tamiya cement, the normal thick stuff in a bottle applied and stippled with a stubby cut-off paint brush. The Afterburner decals really look nice, the VFA-211 color markings look remarkably like the old school Tomcats.

Don

• 1 month later...

Okay, i thought i was done with this one 'til i saw a couple of builds with a lot heavier weathering on them. So, i went at it with MiG weathering powders.

IMG_0639a.jpg

IMG_0638b.jpg

IMG_0636b.jpg

IMG_0635a.jpg

IMG_0633a.jpg

I have yet to paint the Pitot tubes, keep forgetting to paint them when i have steel paint loaded in the airbrush.

Don

• 2 months later...

It might have been a pain but the end result had to be worth it! I was like, MAN, then I was like, MAAAAAN, then there was the time I went MAAENNN....but now it just MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!

Great job, then you go at with the pigments!! WOW!!

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback, guys!! The build was too clean after i was done so i had to dirty it up a bit. I know i griped a bit with the build, but there are some really nice decals from Afterburner that may tempt me to do a E or another or G.

Don

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

When I did this build I was using Photobucket. After they did their thing, I went to Imageshack. Don't know how to fix this so the pics are clear, I may have saved the pics to disc. I'll have a lookaround. What parts are you having problems with?

Don