Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum.

My name is Maxime and i'm 28, living in Paris.

I am new to this forum and in modeling. i was not sure to be able to participate and feel shame to show "models" i do when i see skills of people here.

I send a PM to Kotsucha and after a warm welcome from him, i deceided to participate and do my best.

Today i ordered an Academy B-17F "Memphis Belle" and will try to build a sequance of one of the bombers in the movie in flight position : C-Cup with the nose detroyed

my first goal was to build "Mother and country" cut in half with an Me109 but this was a ridiculous idea for my skill

I just hope it would look not too ridiculous at the end... :D

I may ask a lot of questions and surely will need a lot of advices.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Max

Edited by LeviathanMK3

Max,

As I said before, welcome aboard! I hope you enjoy what you find here at ARC, as well as with this group build. Take it from all of us, it's a great place to hang out, ask questions, post pictures, get advice, share tricks and tips, and so much more.

You'll find here that if you have any questions about B-17's, or a B-17F, you've definitely landed at the right place (no pun intended).

Seeing "C-Cup" will certainly be interesting. Wing man to "Memphis Belle" (in the movie of course), I think you'll have a number of us watching the movie again and picking out various details, fuselage codes, tail codes and other information... you know, to help out. Its just the excuse I need to get modern and by the DVD version, and put the old VHS tape to rest.

Don't be afraid to try new things! We learn by doing, and there's no better place to try that then here.

Cheers!

Mark.

I stumbled on this, thanks to Steve (Army Air Force), Steve, I hope you don't mind me hyperlinking this from your site... I knew I'd seen it somewhere's before (aside from the banner)... But yes, Max, you can add a banner to your signature that has "C-Cup" as well.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the late Bob Richardson's B-17 "C Cup" during the filming of the movie Memphis Belle.

Steve, if I'm wrong, slap me upside the head, but possibly you (or someone) could shed a little more light on the story of "C-Cup"?

Decals that are available for her as well as other Memphis Belle bombers from Sprue Brothers.

Anywho, before I confuse myself anymore, I'm going to hit "Add Reply" and bugger off.

Edited by Kostucha

Welcome to the forum and B-17 build max.

Sounds your taking on a lot of scratch building for a beginner, I cant wait to see it.

As far as I know, other than the belle, all the other planes in the movie were pure fiction, "C-cup" included. I've just in the last couple of days seen the decal sheet for memphis belle and the others from the movie, look's pretty interesting.

If that is Bob richardsons airplane, I do know a bit about her history, not much though. When I was a kid, she was based out of geneseo NY, along with B-17G "fuddy duddy" at the national warplane museum. Sometime after the movie was made, Bob died and (from what I've heard) willed the B-17 to the museum. Somehow this didnt happen, I hear his kids wanted to sell her and did, and as far as I know she is now in seattle as "Boeing bee".

I might as well post the picture! 'C Cup' was indeed Bob Richardsons B-17, the only genuine B-17F used in the film. They flew the ferry flight from the USA without trouble, until 10 minutes from Duxford when an engine failed! Bob's aircraft, registered N17W, was also used in the 1968 'Tora Tora Tora' Pearl Harbor Film. It was used as a training B-17 after the war, I think became a monument, was made airworthy again and was used as a fire bomber.

These were taken at Duxford during the 1989 filming of the Memphis Belle.

b17a3.jpg

The closest Fort to the camera is also C Cup.

b17a5.jpg

B17_C-Cup1.jpg

B17_C-Cup2.jpg

Thanks guys!

Mark,

i was planning to order these decals directly to kitsworld but after watching the movie (again) today, i saw in the sequence that most of the nose is gone, so finaly i'm gonna just order these decals from them http://www.kitsworld.co.uk/index.php?CATEG...&RNZ=488066

B-17 guy

being realistic, i'm gonna try something stupid....way beyond my skill :pray: i still don't know how i'll do it and need to see how the model is done (will be delivered next week :lol: ) guess i'll try to use a lot of photo etched sheets

Army_Air_Force

Thank you for the pics!

I've spend more than 20 min today whatching the sequence and was still wondering if the number was "X DF" or "Y DF"... and it was impossible to see the tail serial number.

these pics will help a lot.

Edited by LeviathanMK3
Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum.

My name is Maxime and i'm 28, living in Paris.

I am new to this forum and in modeling. i was not sure to be able to participate and feel shame to show "models" i do when i see skills of people here.....

...I just hope it would look not too ridiculous at the end... :thumbsup:

I may ask a lot of questions and surely will need a lot of advices.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Max

thwelcomegroup.gif

Bonne journée Max

Bienvenue sur la fourm, pardonner Ma traduction de Microsoft

Good day Max

Welcome to the fourm, forgive my Microsoft translation

Good wishs for you project. The modlers here will both teach and inspire you.