1:72 B1 aftermarket stuff yet?

I have been holding onto my Revell 1:72 B1B for a LONG time now and it has been a while since asking this. Has anyone come out with aftermarket stuff for the 1:72 scal B1 yet? I know there is 1:48 stuff. I may just buy a 1:48 B1.

Surely you mean the B-1B, right? Not the B1B or the B1 B or the B1-B. :cheers:

LMAO...WOW...TOUCHY. OUCH...everyone knew what I was talking about! For now on I am going to also submit a disclaimer that has something to do with the way I am spelling things (i.e. B1B vs B-1B) Just remember: sarcasim (sp?) DOES NOT transfer over into what you are typing.

My list of updates, in order preferred by me: Exhausts, Intakes, ECM/misc. bumps and lumps, wingfold covers, bomb bay improvements and/or new munitions carrier. While whom evers at it, I'll take an access ladder too. Exhausts in priority though.

My list of updates, in order preferred by me: Exhausts, Intakes, ECM/misc. bumps and lumps, wingfold covers, bomb bay improvements and/or new munitions carrier. While whom evers at it, I'll take an access ladder too. Exhausts in priority though.

DITTO

It is nice to know that I am not the only one. Do I need to start buying 1:48 B1 stuff?

Edited by jetdx
  • 3 months later...

BUMP THIS TOPIC!

Would love to see the SAC-era, original turkey feather exhausts for this one (The Monogram kit has B-1A type feathers). AFAIK, there never was an accurate set of these made. The F-101 engines are bigger than their F-110/F-100 descendants.

Definitely need an airframe upgrade set for all the bumps, dimples, etc. to bring it up to more modern standard. A new resin nose and tail cones would be nice too!

Yup... been waiting such an update set myself for a long time. I have two kits and the CE burner cans for both, but need some help with exterior..... :bandhead2: Fred K.

You'd think one of these resin companies would step up their game to fill the void Cuttine Edge left, but nope:(

You sound as if it is just so easy to do! There are very few BIG resin companies out there besides Aires and CMK. Most other lines are one or two people doing this as a part time job and even though I can't speak for everyone else, gathering up all the refs, the specs and actually crafting the parts is not an overnight process and lets face it, 1/72 is hardly the big money maker for most (if not all) resin makers. I have 1/48 B-1B parts in work but making the bomb bays alone is not just a case of slapping some styrene together and moulding it. It is a painstaking process which not only requires research but a lot of forethought on just HOW the parts need to be broken down to cast them.

If I had a pile of money and a lot of friends doing masters and could survive doing this business without having a full time job and a family I would. Most of us can't do that though.

Edited by Two Mikes
  • 8 months later...

So there's still no B-1 1/72 bits?

All I want are exhaust cans.

Is there a plane that would have comparable sized featherless cans in 1/72? F-15 maybe?

I've got a builders special B-1 I'm going to throw together and the only thing I want to change is the cans they look terrible. It's the old Monogram kit but accuracy is not an issue in my mind.

I have to get some plastic sheet to scratch the gear doors closed because I don't have them. No cokpit either but I'll heavily tint the windows and don't care.

Basically it'll be a nice ceiling queen.

Edited by Bigasshammm

You could fit 1/48 F-15 exhausts on a 1/72 B-1B. It won't be accurate, but at least it would look less worse.

Edit:

Or fork out big money for the Cutting Edge ones, which pop up on eBay sometimes. (No, I won't sell mine)

Edited by Pete

You could fit 1/48 F-15 exhausts on a 1/72 B-1B. It won't be accurate, but at least it would look less worse.

Edit:

Or fork out big money for the Cutting Edge ones, which pop up on eBay sometimes. (No, I won't sell mine)

Yea no I'm not buying CE ones. Basically Ive only truly spent 5$ on this model with the 2Bs decals I ordered today. It came in a collection of stuff I bought for 10$ then made almost 300$ on what was inside. (airliner kits). Are there reasonable aftermarket F-15 cans out there? Or should I look for kit pieces?

Aires has nice ones, and the ones in the Revell F-15E kit are quite decent as well. But remember, you need four for a B-1.

Yea I know.

I put a WTB up to see if anyone has some by chance.

I'll pm you instead of asking a million questions in this thread.

For the 1/72 B-one there is white metal undercarriage from Scale Aircraft Conversions and resin exhausts without the turkey feathers (about US$60 on evilbay) representing current engine config. I have a set of each and they're very nicely detailed. That's all I'm aware of.

Edited by Tim Annear