If I'm gonna have a Super Bowl party with the Steelers involved, I have to make Pierogi's. I can order uncooked one's from Pittsburgh easy enough but I'm all about homemade, fresh food.

Anyone out there have a bangin' recipe they want to share? If you want to keep it a secret, just E-mail me at modelbuilder@twobobs.net!

Thanks!!!!

I need to get me some cheese curds for that night. And my mouth is watering at the mention of pierogis since I am part Polish by my heritage (and part Czech, meaning my mom makes Kolachis during the holidays, yum). As long as the game is a good one and not a blowout, I'll be happy.

all I have to say is that the only real perogie if filled with pork and mushrooms!

I have married into a polish family and that is all they make!

My wife also made one with chocolate in it..and to tell you the truth..it was really good!!!!

Sean

My great grandmother made them with Kraut and pork, also with corned beef and kraut

mashed potatoes/cheese

Man do I miss her and her homemade food

I do have her homemade chicken soup recipe, I have passed it on to my children!

Oh and pass those recipes on!!!!

Ohhhhh Pierogi's!!!

and PÄ…czki

oh and lets get some tasty Brats too

Yummm making me hungry!!

A "genuine" Polish guy? Does he screw in lightbulbs?

Uhhh is that a question we should ask on a family oriented website?

William G

Ohhhhh Pierogi's!!!

and PÄ…czki

oh and lets get some tasty Brats too

Yummm making me hungry!!

Uhhh is that a question we should ask on a family oriented website?

William G

It's a joke man. Being half Mexican, half Japanese, I'd be the last one to take any ethnic joke seriously. You guys want to hear some hispanic/asian jokes? I got plenty of them... Beware though, once I get started, it's hard to stop and guys like Reeves will pile on and you'll be crying with laughter all over your keyboard by the time we're done.

It's a joke man. Being half Mexican, half Japanese, I'd be the last one to take any ethnic joke seriously. You guys want to hear some hispanic/asian jokes? I got plenty of them... Beware though, once I get started, it's hard to stop and guys like Reeves will pile on and you'll be crying with laughter all over your keyboard by the time we're done.

Trust me bob I know it was a joke

French Irish and Cherokee here so....

I can tell ya all kinds of bad one too.

Was waiting for some one to say "2 as long as they were both very very small"

William G

Pierogi's for a Superbowl Party? Sigh..... it should have been New England Clam Chowder..... sigh...... Oh well, at least it isn't Manhattan style clam chowder :coolio:

Kidding aside, that recipe looks great. Never heard of these but I think I will try them.

Not just Poles! Pittsburgh's Eastern European collection of steel-making men and women included Slovaks, Hungarians, Lithuanians, Ukrainians, Russians...and many more, who had some variation of Pierogis.

Incidentally, all are represented by the mythical character Joe Magarac, a super-steelworker who forged steel with his bare hands. When first they had a contest to name "Steely McBeam," the disappointing and vaguely disturbing new mascot for the Steelers, I thought of entering Magarac's name. (I'm glad I decided against it). But for all you Steeler fans outside Pittsburgh, know that Magarac is the original steelmaker's mascot.