Chris -

You and Eastern need to take a look at doing more wheels. The MiG-29 wheels are magnificent, we need more like it. It's funny that for the big Su-27, with all the aftermarket improvements that have been available, wheels have NEVER been addressed (to the rest of you, please do not tell me about the Master Casters set - they are just copies of the inaccurate kit parts). Talk about an opportunity for improvement!

Pretty much everything else in the same series could stand the same treatment - Su-25, MiG-23, etc. etc. etc.

And the Su-27 is the worst of the bunch, with the best support from the aftermarket - I can remember learning all the differences wayyyyyy back in G-dub's awesome build thread. I tried fashioning new hubs several times but was just never satisfied with the results. Heck, I made all the little master cylinders, and similarly tiny parts to hook the wires up, but never got the hubs right (and then ran out of space on the project - I'll resurrect it someday soon, new hobby room in progress and all).

At any rate, you guys need to take a look at this. The MiG-29 wheels show what can be done!

Chris -

You and Eastern need to take a look at doing more wheels. The MiG-29 wheels are magnificent, we need more like it. It's funny that for the big Su-27, with all the aftermarket improvements that have been available, wheels have NEVER been addressed (to the rest of you, please do not tell me about the Master Casters set - they are just copies of the inaccurate kit parts). Talk about an opportunity for improvement!

Pretty much everything else in the same series could stand the same treatment - Su-25, MiG-23, etc. etc. etc.

And the Su-27 is the worst of the bunch, with the best support from the aftermarket - I can remember learning all the differences wayyyyyy back in G-dub's awesome build thread. I tried fashioning new hubs several times but was just never satisfied with the results. Heck, I made all the little master cylinders, and similarly tiny parts to hook the wires up, but never got the hubs right (and then ran out of space on the project - I'll resurrect it someday soon, new hobby room in progress and all).

At any rate, you guys need to take a look at this. The MiG-29 wheels show what can be done!

+100

Have you thought about just cloning eastern? Would simplify thing tremendously. :wacko:
Yes, it would make things easier and yes, I have already tried that tactic:

>>>See post #32<<<

Unfortunately I couldn't find any hair in any of the packages.

I did find some slimy substance on one of the Sidewinder fins, I think he was drooling over his own awesome workmanship.

I took a swab and successfully implanted a nucleus into a sheep at my uncle's farm. Unfortunately all we got was a bald sheep.

I will keep trying...

:touche:

>>>See post #32<<<

I did find some slimy substance on one of the Sidewinder fins, I think he was drooling over his own awesome workmanship.

I took a swab and successfully implanted a nucleus into a sheep at my uncle's farm. Unfortunately all we got was a bald sheep.

I will keep trying...

:bandhead2:

:thumbsup: Bald sheep? Awesome!

But...keep you trying...

>>>See post #32<<<

I will keep trying...

:pray:

:(

• 3 months later...

:rofl:

I'm finally going to get a snowball rolling with my flanker project which has been on the bench for too long. Chris can agree on this.

Will continue by making a short visit to 1/32 quantum shrinking machine and get some pylons and weapons.

Speaking of flanker wheels, any plans to develop accurate scissorlinks and landing gear?

others in the wishlist: Nosewheel FODguard, cannon vented cover (with accurate vents), dorsal pocket vents (the ones that look like bellowed shirt pockets between the vertical stabs).