Matt "The Rumourmonger" Roberts Group Build sign up

Okay, it looks like we're in business. The preliminary rules that have been established thus far are:

The build runs from 1 March 2011 until 1 Sept 2011. People can build anything they want with the emphasis to be to build a model that Matt talked about/showed/dealt with in "anyway" on the forum.

Wayne and I have volunteered to mod, but if there are a couple of others willing to help, please let us know. I can't speak for Wayne, but I would definitely appreciate the help as I was not terribly familiar with Matt's work so if anybody was close to Matt and could share some insight that would be great. I've seen lots of different comments made regarding what to build, I think keeping it open might be the best approach at this time.

Elsewhere on ARC and other forums I've seen a signature banner for the "Rumourmonger" if anybody can post that for everybody to use that would be helpful also.

I would love to participate. All depends on how I do with my 2 current GB builds. If I do go ahead, it will either be a Tamiya F-16C in 1/48 or a Dragon P-51D in 1/32.

Edit: A few more in the stash that were at one point mentioned by Matt... HB 1/72 A-7A, RM 1/48 SuperHornet, Eduard 1/48 F6F and a big surprise for me is the Revell Germany 1/48 Mosquito. That one will be considered also.

Edited by Charlie Cheetah

One of the kits that reminds me of Matt, besides the 1/48 Kinetic F-16, is the 1/48 Airfix Spitfire MkI. It was one of the first in-progress threads I remember him making and being a Spitfire freak myself I enjoyed following his progress on it.

So I've decided to build an Airfix Spitfire MkI OOB in honor of Matt.

Mark

Hopefully I can get my builds done on time. Matt was or did build the 366th "WG" Gunfighters F-15E.

Vinnie016.jpg

I would like to build most of its brothers, I have the kits and decals to build these.

366TH Fighter wing F-15E Gunfighters "FW" bird.

366TH Fighter wing F-15C Gunfighters "OG" bird.

366TH Fighter wing F-15E T-Bolts "389th FS" bird

366TH Fighter wing F-15C Wild Boars "390th FS" bird

366TH Fighter wing F-15E Bold Tigers "391st FS" bird.

I would love to participate. All depends on how I do with my 2 current GB builds. If I do go ahead, it will either be a Tamiya F-16C in 1/48 or a Dragon P-51D in 1/32.

Edit: A few more in the stash that were at one point mentioned by Matt... HB 1/72 A-7A, RM 1/48 SuperHornet, Eduard 1/48 F6F and a big surprise for me is the Revell Germany 1/48 Mosquito. That one will be considered also.

I decided on the Eduard 1/48 F6F-3 Hellcat since it will coincide with one of the special categories at this years CAMS show.

I am in, it looks like I have a Kinetic F-16I heading my way, thank you Song! :wierdo:

I will be doing a what if and painting it in USAF colors with Afterburner decals and staying with what comes in the box. Planning on doing a fun, no frills, no stress build which should be a fitting tribute.

mason

I'll also offer to help Mod if you'd like,I've modded a couple on Britmodeller.

I'm going to enter with something from Hobbyboss,either the Tornado or the F-111.Kinetic kits are hard to get hold of for me with my current situation (out of work)

• 2 weeks later...

Well im in,got acouple of 1/48 Varks that have sat on the bench for acouple months now. Matt and me were chatting via PM about the pro/cons of the Academy/HobbyBoss kits only days before his passing. So id like to finish one in his memory.

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'll join in with the Hobbyboss 1/72 "Easy assembly authentic kit" FM-2 Wildcat.

The main link with Matt for me is that he'd have encouraged us to try something new and give a Hobbyboss kit a chance.

It's my first of these "Easy assembly athentic kits". I also saw that Matt posted a short guide to USN aircraft colour schemes in 1940-42 as a reply to question in his last months.

I bought the kit with this GB at the back of my head the day after Matt's funeral.

Cheers, Stefan.