People can build anything they want emphasis, build a model that Matt talked about/showed/dealt with in "anyway" on the forums.

3 footer, 3 feet stand off modeling is "highly" encouraged.

Matt's post on the forums can be found below.

Matt's Topics

Matt's post

Edited by Wayne S
if i am not mistaken it mean model 3 footer means models that you have to be 3 feet away not to see the defects in the details and paint job

Correct, if it looks good from three feet/one yard away it is good enough. No need for a magnifying glass or flash light looking for imperfections.

In the Remote control side of modeling we call it "stand off scale", The Judge would only be allowed to Judge the model from a certain distance and no closer then that distance.

Edited by Wayne S
Correct, if it looks good from three feet/one yard away it is good enough. No need for a magnifying glass or flash light looking for imperfections.

In the Remote control side of modeling we call it "stand off scale", The Judge would only be allowed to Judge the model from a certain distance and no closer then that distance.

This works well for me, I build 1/72 scale and the further away you are the better my stuff looks...... :woot.gif:

It's why I put my builds up on the top shelf of a book case, away from prying eyes.

People can build anything they want emphasis, build a model that Matt talked about/showed/dealt with in "anyway" on the forums.

3 footer, 3 feet stand off modeling is "highly" encouraged.

Matt's post on the forums can be found below.

Matt's Topics

Matt's post

I'm not entirely sure what qualifies. Can people build whatever they want, or does it have to be something that's in one of Matt's postings?

Also, the search links don't work.

I'm not entirely sure what qualifies. Can people build whatever they want, or does it have to be something that's in one of Matt's postings?

I would rather it be anything that is in Matt's postings or at-least dealt with him in some form. Is there something you had in mind?

Also, the search links don't work.

Strange, I resubmitted the links and now it is working.

Strange. I tried the links multiple times yesterday, and every time it came up with no results. It seems to be working now. Maybe it was a board issue since I was also seeing excessive load times yesterday.
Dave, I also threw together a quick listing of some of Matt's in progress/completed build over the last couple of years here in the group build forum also.
Strange. I tried the links multiple times yesterday, and every time it came up with no results. It seems to be working now. Maybe it was a board issue since I was also seeing excessive load times yesterday.

It must be an ongoing thing, I had to redo it again 3 minutes ago.

Yeah no clue what it is, when the group build starts ill try to keep on-top of it daily :nanner:
I don't think that will help unless you hit it at the same time daily. It seems that the search page/link expires after a certain amount of time. We'd literally have to renew it every day at roughly the same time. The links I posted to his posts also went bust.

I have a slightly different idea on how to do this:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showuser=2537

This is a link to Matt's user profile. On the left hand side, click on options and then click on 'find members posts' or 'find members topics' in the drop down menu and it will list ALL of Matt's posts/topics for anybody to review.

This way everybody can have their own link and it won't have to be refreshed every day by one of us so they will be free to view it whenever they are on ARC instead of waiting for us to renew it.

I don't think that will help unless you hit it at the same time daily. It seems that the search page/link expires after a certain amount of time. We'd literally have to renew it every day at roughly the same time. The links I posted to his posts also went bust.

I have a slightly different idea on how to do this:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showuser=2537

This is a link to Matt's user profile. On the left hand side, click on options and then click on 'find members posts' or 'find members topics' in the drop down menu and it will list ALL of Matt's posts/topics for anybody to review.

This way everybody can have their own link and it won't have to be refreshed every day by one of us so they will be free to view it whenever they are on ARC instead of waiting for us to renew it.

See what happens, just tried another way of getting the link.

• 6 months later...