AgustaWestland Sea King Mk.41

Can be easily realised with Hasegawas HAR.3 boxing (as HAR.3 and Mk. 41 are very similar) - German decals and node radome is offered by www.hahen.de

Bell OH-58D Kiowa Warrior*

see Italeri

Piasecki H-21 Flying Banana

Available at least in 1:48 from 2 different companies, Fonderie and Special Hobby

I don't see your point at all. Do you expect them all to be released in 1:35 if they are not available yet and the other way round for 1:48?

Some of your listed aircraft could be easily realized by some conversion work with minimal innovative effort.

Kit producing companies in general do not spend so much time on analysing polls where experienced modelers comment on what they need and what not. Please don't forget that there first aim is to make profit on what they sell - and our small community of experienced and semi-professional modelers is not that relevant for selling masses of kits.

Try to be more realistic. Furthermore it's getting boring to see all these wishlists and all this stuff an almost every message board.

I have to think of a comment on the Hasegawa Seaking which was made by a Hasegawa manager to a visitor of their factory: "The Seaking was the worst selling kit range we ever produced." - Can you imagine that?

Can be easily realised with Hasegawas HAR.3 boxing (as HAR.3 and Mk. 41 are very similar) - German decals and node radome is offered by www.hahen.de

see Italeri

Available at least in 1:48 from 2 different companies, Fonderie and Special Hobby

I don't see your point at all. Do you expect them all to be released in 1:35 if they are not available yet and the other way round for 1:48?

Some of your listed aircraft could be easily realized by some conversion work with minimal innovative effort.

Kit producing companies in general do not spend so much time on analysing polls where experienced modelers comment on what they need and what not. Please don't forget that there first aim is to make profit on what they sell - and our small community of experienced and semi-professional modelers is not that relevant for selling masses of kits.

Try to be more realistic. Furthermore it's getting boring to see all these wishlists and all this stuff an almost every message board.

I have to think of a comment on the Hasegawa Seaking which was made by a Hasegawa manager to a visitor of their factory: "The Seaking was the worst selling kit range we ever produced." - Can you imagine that?

I didn't know Italeri made the OH-58D Kiowa Warrior in 1/48th!??

I hear you about not listening to modelers.

How do they come up with ideas on aircrafts.....they've got to be some kind of survey somewhere down the line...Isn't it.

Oliver

Let's take Revell of Germany (RoG)as an Example: They offer a wide range of products, including civil cars, ships, military vehicles, figures. RoG makes its main business volume with sales in department and toy stores with people who are less experienced or occasional modelers. Imagine the following situation: Grandparents are looking through a toy section of a department store for a present for their grandson. Grandpa says: "Oh let's take this helicopter" and grabs an Apache. Grandma complains: " I think we should better take this civil rescue one - it looks nicer" - That's the way it works and where the most kits are sold. Of course, this may not apply to Trumpeter for example - they simply look what is already available on the market in which scale and if they are able to scale up or down (somethimes then with Hobyboss-label) then they do filling up the lack of types in certain scales. But one have to consider, that Trumpeter has also a different economical environment in China than the other companies in the western/ capitalist world. Moreover, Trumpeter has a slightly different target group than Revell or Airfix for example.

I never experienced Revell doing any empricial research on the modeler's needs in department or toy stores, among visitors and particitpants of a modeling exhibition or poll forms sent to modeling clubs.

Furthermore, we don't have to expect that marketing departments and product managers are experts on the field of originals they sell. Sometimes they now only roughly about the aircraft types and their use. This is due to the fact, that RoG has its management centre in Germany but the mould development takes place by contractors in Korea and China. So any details about the original aircraft is more likely to be better known by the moulding cmpany than by the producing company itself.

Every compnay makes their own analysis which new item has a chance on the market and which not. Items which are not safe to bring enough money in the company are simply dropped. Examples: As Academy released with MRC the H-53E in 1:48 they've done it for two reasons: 1. This version was not available before and cannot be easily converted out from the Revell C/HH-53, 2. The particular scale and the fact that this is an American aircraft assures promising sales at least on the American market. Similar reasons apply for the announced Lynx from Revell in 1:32 : 1. not available before, 2. Navy version in use by German Navy and 3. Highly convertible into other versions and decal variants. For the re-released Bell 212 from Italeri I can imagine, that they assume a high demand on the aircraft as the original Italeri one is rarely available and the Revell boxing with German Border Police decals reachies prices about 30€ - 40 US$.

This is the way how they think, they do not need any polls or questionnaires.

But in general I won't say that they do not care at all. Of course the companies try to consider customer responses and the information they get on fairs, but they are not decisive criteria.

Edited by troschi

My wish list will always be for....

1) 1/32 & 1/48 Sikorsky S-76

2.) 1/32 & 1/48 A109E Power

3.) 1/32 350 Astar

4.) 1/32 MD900/902

At least there is a 1/35 SA365N Dauphin coming. I'm really looking forward to that. B)

5.) 1/48 MD500-E