Again, Computer Question

Hey Guys, I know, here we go again. Isn't there a program you can download to speed up scrolling down with your mouse? You know, when you are scrolling down it kinda pauses and holds in a "split screen" for a few seconds. thanks for any help.

Chuck

It only does it on some screens.

Edited by otis252

The "split screen" actually means that your video card can't keep up with your scrolling speed. It probably happens only on

pages with lots of information, right ?

Open the control panel and look for the Mouse properties icon. Open it, there you will find a tab where you can adjust the scrolling speed to your liking.

Hornet

On Windows XP click Control Panel, click Printers and Other Hardware, click Mouse, on Mouse Properties window choose Wheel and set numbers of lines to scroll at a time.(I think :D )

It may be different if you're using other windows, vista or whatever....

Also, something else to kick around, My current laptop, a Dell 1750 with 4 gig of ram is in the shop

It flies like the wind, never have a scrolling issue, nada

I am currently using old faithful, a 2004 Dell Inspirion 5100 with 512KB of RAM

pages load slower (graphics) shut down slower, and scroll very slow, if any pictures are involved.

For a laptop that is 8 years old and been thorough hundreds of papers, I cannot complain, but I tell you going from windows 7 back to XP is quite the leap down

Old Faithful

\

inspiron5100.jpg

My baby

IMG_0003.jpg

Thanks guys, it is better. However I got up this morning to another small problem. I can't open programs from the icons on the desk top when I double click on them. They open just fine from the bar at the bottom of the screen or when I start them from the start panel. Strange, I'm running Windows XP, havn't had this problem before. Sorry to be a PITA.

Chuck

That is a strange problem, there should be no difference. Try this, right click and copy one of the taskbar icons and paste it on to your desktop. Overwrite the current one on your desktop if

Windows complains. Double click it and see if your application starts now.

Hornet