Trumpiter E/A-18G

I found this on Spruce Brothers a few minutes ago.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/132-trumpet...206-p26046.aspx

Now...my question is, does anyone here know if it has Block II ACS cockpit? It'd be a shame if they didn't include or update this.

Updated: And I'll answer my own question. It seems they did.

From "another" website.

http://www.cybermodeler.net/hobby/kits/tru...206_parts07.jpg

Edited by Nite92
Which mods/antennas are missing?

I don't KNOW for a fact. -But I belive the only physical, external, differances are :

* replace the wingtip ECM pods with AIM-X launch rails (should be in the kit)

* don't install the dorsal/spine blister and rear HF aerial

* don't install the wing leading edge "dog tooth" filler (if present in the kit)

-and obviously, dont install the ESM pods on the Pylons !!!!

Which mods/antennas are missing?

Seems to me they forgot the large SATCOM antenna blister on the spine. They also forgot a small antenna (each side) just aft of the radome, another square one aft and below of the wing's trailing edge (each side) and an antenna below the stabilators (again each side).

I don't KNOW for a fact. -But I belive the only physical, external, differances are :

* don't install the wing leading edge "dog tooth" filler (if present in the kit)

Based on the instruction links posted above, the only external changes in the Growler kit are the wingtip pods (the poor AIM-9X and rails are still there so use them for the -F), a fence on top of the wings (leave off for the -F), an additional HF aerial on the spine behind the cockpit (leave off for the -F), insert for faired over gun port (the open gun port part should still be in the kit), and the underwing jammer pods (leave off). The kit doesn't appear to have any changes to the wing LE parts, and there is no large blister on the spine.

The EA-18G kit is more useful as an ACS F-18F than as a proper Growler.

• Also ...
  • EA-18Gs have no gun so make sure the gun vents and barrel openings are present ...
  • Delete the use of the upper surface wing fences that are present on the Growler as well ...

Gregg

Edited by GreyGhost
Seems to me they forgot the large SATCOM antenna blister on the spine. They also forgot a small antenna (each side) just aft of the radome, another square one aft and below of the wing's trailing edge (each side) and an antenna below the stabilators (again each side).

Yea...I did some further research as to what the Growler had that the Foxtrot doesn't. You're correct...satcom on the spine, and the 4 antennas you mentioned. Mentioned else where the wing fences and of course the plugs for the gun port and vents.

I can't scratch build anything...so I wonder who'll come out with resin adds for these. :P