I don't remember seeing many Starfuries posted on the ARC, since I have been taking pictures of some of my older builds I thought I would post these. This is the 1:72 Revell/Monogram Starfury Mk1 kit from the television show Babylon 5. I built this kit 2 or 3 years ago. I upgraded the guns with resin replacements and decals from Starship Modeler. I also put a LED in the cockpit to light that. There was quite a bit of seam filling and the instructions were not very clear about the engine installation. I have one more of these in the stash and will build that when I get another set of the resin replacement guns.

Starfurybox.jpg

Starfury325.jpg

Starfury326.jpg

Starfury327.jpg

Starfury329.jpg

Thanks for looking, let me know what you think.

Els

That's a stunning build of what is a pig of a kit. Yours came out way nicer than mine (I can post a photo if you like).

I may be wrong but I don't think the replacement guns are still available.

Max, I built mine at the end of 2009, and they didn't seem to be available at that stage.

Kev

Edited by Big Kev

Thanks everybody.

I think that you are right about the replacement guns. I check the site once in a while but have not seen them available for a long time.

Big Kev yours turned out great. I don't know how you got the kit decals to work. This cracked me up because you so eloquently put into words how I felt about the kit.

OK, this stupid piece of injection-moulded excrement is finally done - and good riddance too!
This is actually the second one that I built. The first one was about 10 years ago and it ended up in the trash.

Els

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've always liked the Starfury, nice job. Nice artwork too. It's funny that everyone does them a bit dirty, but I was never sure where they would pick the dirt up from in space! Must be just lots of dust clouds!

This is mine, built late 1990's I think, but I've just this minute taken some fresh photos. I didn't like the display stand in the kit, so made one from 6mm clear acrylic sheet. The colour scheme is based on a radio controlled P-47 Thunderbolt I had in 5th Emergency Rescue Squadron markings.

starfury1.jpg

starfury2.jpg

starfury3.jpg

starfury4.jpg