1/32 Me-163B Komet

I'm just having a bit of fun. Something simple to practice on and the Hasegawa Komet seemed to fit the bill nicely. The only aftermarket bits needed were a CMK resin cockpit and Eagle Strike decals.

So far I've assembled the fuselage and wings and scribed in some details.

komettopsidecheck.jpg

kometbellycheck.jpg

Assembled the dolly and wheels, added a few bits from styrene and modified the mountings so that it can be fitted after the fuselage is joined and painted.

dolly.jpg

Begun work on assembling the beautiful CMK resin cockpit.

Hopefully have this kit in the paintshop by next weekend and finished in a couple of weeks. Which is warp speed for me.

Thanks for stopping in for a look.

Dan

A little more progress. Worked a bit to get the resin CMK cockpit to sit in the fuselage properly. Had to use a styrene spar and pin to hold it in position. I didn't use the sets photoetched side panels but made styrene replacements for them. I'm really impressed with the detail on the resin cockpit. I hope I can do it justice once the paint goes on.

Here is where it's at right now.

cockpit.jpg

cockpit1.jpg

Holmes--Thank you for your kind comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Slow progress. Concentrating on getting the basic assembly nice and smooth and square. I'd like to enter this one in competition at Model Expo.

overview.jpg

Added a few belly details, tow hook and fuel dump vent.

bellydetails.jpg

towhook.jpg

fueldump.jpg

I have spent a bit of time getting a good smooth wing joint and tidying up the scribing. Just a little bit to go before I can prime this baby.

Dan

Dan, your cockpit looks fantastic, although I'll never be able to paint mine as well, Im going to have to find the CMK parts to replace the awful Revell parts. Thanks for posting all your work so carefully, it'll will make a great reference post.

Cheers

deon

After a day filled with the shakes-ies, drops-ies, knock over-ies and smug everything in sight-ies I have managed to get the blue on.

fuselagetoppainted.jpg

fuselagebottompainted.jpg

Now it's just a matter of leaving the model alone to cure a bit before I tackle the mottles. Easier said than done as I'm dying to get on with it.

Deon-- Thanks! I hope you like her with a bit of paint. That CMK resin set is worth every penny. I think I'll use the two Eduard sets as well on my next one. That is id the Dragon kit doesn't ever arrive.

Dan

Blackcollar & Dirkpitt289--Thank you both. I'm glad you like her.

Must keep pushing on.

Decals;

decals.jpg

Haven't made any stuff ups yet. Started to run some very thin Paynes Grey oil paint into the panel lines. But I found that I didn't need as much as I usually do because the water color that I used to check the scribing and rivets held up very well after painting.

Dan

Slow progress;

Started to paint up the landing trolly.

gear.jpg

gear1.jpg

Lots and lots of pin washes with oil paints to panel lines and started the chipping/scratching.

underside.jpg

Happy now that most of the decals are done and I can start to do the detail painting. That's the part I really like to do.

Aggressor Supporter-- Thanks!

Dan

Been following your build, and it looks really nice. I built the same kit not long ago but i chickened out from doing the mottle by doing the all red scheme. What paint and airbrush did you use for the mottle?

Don

Slow going but a little progress.

Wheels got finished;

wheels.jpg

Over cooked, and I was trying to be restrained :BANGHEAD2:

A little detail painting but I tried real hard to stop myself from doing my usual over board chip and bang it to death finish.

The mantra was KISS Keep it SUBTLE stupid.

belly.jpg

Last of the decals went on and a nice thin even coat of Testers Dull Coat to give a semi flat finish.

topside.jpg]

nose1.jpg

topsideclose.jpg

nose.jpg

Just a very few additions to make before I make the display base. Might even, gasp, get her done by next weekend.

Happy with the way the finish turned out but man am I itching to just add one more chip.....

Maybe the next one can be ready for the scrapers torch.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Dan

Slow going but a little progress.

Wheels got finished;

wheels.jpg

Over cooked, and I was trying to be restrained :BANGHEAD2:

A little detail painting but I tried real hard to stop myself from doing my usual over board chip and bang it to death finish.

The mantra was KISS Keep it SUBTLE stupid.

belly.jpg

Last of the decals went on and a nice thin even coat of Testers Dull Coat to give a semi flat finish.

topside.jpg]

nose1.jpg

topsideclose.jpg

nose.jpg

Just a very few additions to make before I make the display base. Might even, gasp, get her done by next weekend.

Happy with the way the finish turned out but man am I itching to just add one more chip.....

Maybe the next one can be ready for the scrapers torch.

Thanks for taking the time to have a look.

Dan