This is a kit I picked up on Evil Bay some time back, I bought it even though I had heard all the horror stories about this kit. I will be using the "Pink Spitfire" decals from Xtradecal. This particular Jaguar flew 47 missions during Desert Storm. Given the little time left in the GB, I will not dwell much on fixing the ESCI kits shortcomings, just gonna build an airplane. Here we go.....

Here's the decal set....

02072011079.jpg

This is the monstrocity boned together....

02032011077.jpg

Here she is with some paint applied. Primered the aircraft in dark green first, may open some weathering options later, we'll see. I then mixed up the best "Desert Pink" I could muster with the available colors I had on hand, of course the pink shows areas that require further attention better than the green did.

02072011080.jpg

I'll post more as I progress through the build.

Well, other than it being of 1980's style molding, and lacking cockpit detal, I haven't really found anything yet that I would classify as terrible. Most of the online comments about this kit were pretty bad. Really wish they would have included the above wing missile rails, haven't seen a Desert Storm Jag without them. I'm not one of the professional rivet counters, so I may be missing something about the shape, but it looks like a Jaguar to me.

Well, other than it being of 1980's style molding, and lacking cockpit detal, I haven't really found anything yet that I would classify as terrible. Most of the online comments about this kit were pretty bad. Really wish they would have included the above wing missile rails, haven't seen a Desert Storm Jag without them. I'm not one of the professional rivet counters, so I may be missing something about the shape, but it looks like a Jaguar to me.

hmm.. are you going to make a replacement? if you have an extra sidewinder rail that would help.

And work continues, here she is standing on her own legs, need to finish up canopy area and some minor details here an there before she gets her markings/weathering/washes etc. Applied Bare Metal Foil to landing gear struts and applied wash to nose gear strut and wheel well details, still have much to do.

02132011086.jpg

02132011088.jpg

Thanks Sebastijan,

the deadline is coming at me like an out of control frieght train, I just hope I don't get deployed (which always happens during a GB) before I can finish it.

being the fuselage is just one color and there are few decals, and it looks like you're quite speedy with this build, I don't think you'll have a problem finishing on time.

May help, but looking wicked so far...

Donkeys dick at the back were rubber so could be black, chute cone too with silver plates top and bottom, though fresh could be pink, may or may not be squared off as that is a GR1/1A one with the full cone, squared off different colours

see

http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=260091

also 2 aerials behind cockpit went to one

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/lofive...php?t90589.html

does not have appear to have the rudder damper cut out, wonder if it was for the t bird model kit?..

Ex 14 and 20 Sqn jag engineer........... pre G/ War.... been there, seen it and even flown it, so to speak :rofl:

peeps always said not the best kit, but lookong at the job you are doing building it, it looks very good to me.

Edited by TonyT

Phew, almost out of breath, but I think I can, I think I can...

Decals applied, give her time to dry for a bit then some more future to seal decals. In the meantime, got weapon work to finish as well as afterburner nozzles. No more pics until she's finished.

02272011141.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...