I lost my Mom Six years ago today to lung cancer. Just wanted to say I miss her very much, she was on Fifty-Five, way to young, Happy Birthday in Heaven Mom.

I`m glad to see you keep her memory fresh in your heart ,and continue to do so.My father passed when he was 57 ,but my mum is 81 and doing great.I tell her I love her every chance I get ,did not do that with pops ,and regret that very much.

Paul

I can only guess how painful your loss must be, but know that as long as her memory lives on, she lives on.

The first anniversary of my sister's death passed recently, so I empathize. My thoughts are with you.

You have my sympathies and prayers ... :rofl:

I lost my Mom back in 1994 due to Flu ...

This song by The Corrs written about their late Mom has given me comfort , maybe it will for you too ...

-Gregg

roadrunner, I'm sorry to hear that this is the aniversary of your mom's death. That has to be a hard time. I'm lucky, I still have both my folks. They are both in their early '80s, though time is taking its toll. I have lost three grand parents with whom I was very, very close. I agree, you never get over the loss of a loved one. It changes you in some ways forever. But remember, as long as you are alive and carry her in your heart, she lives on in you.

Bob

I lost my mother to Ovarian Cancer in 1989, she was only 49 at the time. I keep a picture of her in my model room as she was my biggest supporter of my hobby. She bought me my first model, she was the one that helped me put them together and she would buy me models and books on WWII subjects all thru my teenage years. I know how you feel, even after 22 years I still miss her greatly, and probably will till the its my time.

Robert

I lost my dad 3 years ago (Jan 27) to a failed open heart surgery.

We shared a lot in common with our love for aircraft. After 3 years I still find myself wanting to pick up the phone at times to tell him about a cool plane I saw that day.

Roadrunner, My condolences. I too lost a parent, my father, way too early. He was only 53. Hard to believe it's been just short of 16 years.

Miss calling and asking the 'old man' for advice. Just keep her thoughts close and treasure your memories.