Revision to what I'm building

Hi, guys. After thought and looking at the kit in my stash I'm going to make it official. Rather than just the Academy 1/72 Memphis Belle, I'm going to be doing a set of Belles. I'm going to also do the old Revel 1/48 Memphis Belle as part of my contribution to the GB. Hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew, but with the time till the end of the build I should be able to handle it. I've ordered the True Details B-17G resin interior sets and will use what I can from them that would still not be obviously wrong for an F model. I'll throw my extras into the Spare Parts thread once I figure out what I'm going to use. Also order the Eduard 1/72 cockpit PE set and Quickboost cowlings and engines, also for the Academy bird. Got white metal landing gear sets from Scale A/C Conversions and True Details tires for both birds. In for a penny, in for a pound. Figured that since I'm also building these up to display in my office with the signed Belle print I'd do them up reasonably well. I'll post pics as soon as progress is made. Right now work is on hold to await delivery of parts.

Bob

Gett'n a bit bold there bob, hope it doesnt bite ya.

Just kidding, it's only plastic. Just make sure you enjoy building. And when you get all that resin, make sure you wash it before trying to paint it. And be sure to count how many control yokes and columns are in the cockpit set.

Edited by B-17 guy

I can't stress enough how much easier it is to work with the resin parts - sanding wise - under water. Absolutely NO dust, and very little (if any) of the resin "smell"

Just my 2 cents on resin.

With regards to 2 Belles! Awesome!!! Down the road I'm wondering if you're planning a 1/144 Belle and potentially a 1/32 Belle... those 4 side by side would sure be neat! Expensive as ^&*$ but neat!

Mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Kostucha, I don't know about the 1/144 Belle, but you can bet I'm already drooling over the test shots of the Wingscale 1/32 Fort. I'm not sure where I'll put it, that thing will be huge, but I do know I've got to have it! B-17 guy, I hope it doesn't bite me too. LOL This project has all the ear marks of something that could get badly out of hand. I'm going to try hard to keep the two Belles project from taking on a life of its own.