Hello!!

Yesterday the movie calledx TrollHunter came out on DVD in Norway, I saw it when it was on cinema. I just LOVED the movie. The main character drives around in a Land Rover that is fairly beaten up and has a few nifty gadgets.

I need to get a Land Rover kit in 1/24 or something to build it.... I have just found one kit from italeri that seems to be useful, are there really no other kits out there? I will come back later this afternoon to show you pictures of the car from the film and pictures og the only kit I have found

Finn-Ove

The only current Land Rover 110 Defender I know of is a resin kit by Accurate Armour out of Scotland. They have a few different versions.

Hobby Boss has announced a Land Rover 110 Defender in plastic as a future release. It is supposed to be available soon.

The only current Land Rover 110 Defender I know of is a resin kit by Accurate Armour out of Scotland. They have a few different versions.

Hobby Boss has announced a Land Rover 110 Defender in plastic as a future release. It is supposed to be available soon.

The Hobby Boss Defender 110 I am talking about is in 1/35 and is a British Army WMIK version, like this:

10134641a6.jpg

The AA ones are also 1/35th.

Edited by HeavyArty

The Italeri Rover is an older Land Rover 109 Series III, which is not really that close to a Defender 110 model. You would be better off starting with the Hobby Boss kit and adding the roof and doors from another kit (1/35 Revell/Italeri Land Rover 109 Series III kit), or scratching them. At least then you would still have the same model of Land Rover.

Here is more info on Land Rover Types and models.

The Italeri Rover is an older Land Rover 109 Series III, which is not really that close to a Defender 110 model. You would be better off starting with the Hobby Boss kit and adding the roof and doors from another kit (1/35 Revell/Italeri Land Rover 109 Series III kit), or scratching them. At least then you would still have the same model of Land Rover.

Here is more info on Land Rover Types and models.

Good Idea.... I will most likely combine the italeri and the HB kit....nice....Thanx

Finn-Ove

Both Range Rover kits mentioned are of what is called Range Rover Classic. Italeris kit is a two door and can be built as a 1970 to 1983 model. Aoshimas kit is a 1992-93 four door model. Italeri actually have two differnt models both are 109's but they are series IIA and series III. The series III kit is the one with doors, but the doors aren't completelly correct for a Defender 110. The Defender 110 is a four door station waggon, the only kit i know of is in 1/87th scale and there are some die casts available in different scales. Italeri makes a 109 in 1/24th scale but it needs a lot of surgery and scratchbuilding to turn into a Defender 110, it is not impossible but you need a good knowledge of 109's and 110's. It is a shame there aren't more Land Rover kits available.