Just watched last night's NCIS ("A Man Walks Into A Bar...") and they talk about a murder weapon-a 25 mm Tokarev TT-30. I made sure-watched the scene a few times until my wife told me to stop.

Closest I can come to is the Tokarev TT-33 7.62 semi-auto. A 25-mm pistol? Gotta get me one of those!! Probably standard issue with all those Mig-28 pilots.

Funny, usually this program gets these things more or less right.

It does seem as though while NCIS writing tends to stay at a higher quality than say CSI (which I can not stand) they have made some goofs lately. Last week's episode had a weak murder investigation as they had a hard time figuring out what the murder weapon was, yet visited one suspect in a pool hall. HELLO, POOL CUE! If Tony was such a pool shark in a previous life, he should have picked up on that. I guess they are breaking in some new writers on the production team.

I wonder if the script writer got the caliber (7.62mm) and the cartridge length (25mm) mixed up and no one caught it.

Thats what it looks like - cause the way it's mentioned in the show makes it sound like a hand-held gun capable of firing rounds the same caliber as an Apache chain-gun.... when in all reality its smaller than a .40 SW.

funny!

:thumbsup:

I wonder if the script writer got the caliber (7.62mm) and the cartridge length (25mm) mixed up and no one caught it.

muswp1,

In all likelehood, the best explanation. It happens.

But there are such things as factcheckers (love to get that job, but my wife says I'd be ruthless). Actually, the i-net's probably killed this job.

Btw, in watching the NCIS repeats on USA, does anyone have a confirm or otherwise that a certain manner of sniper ammunition is called a "Kate"?

Felinoid

muswp1,

Btw, in watching the NCIS repeats on USA, does anyone have a confirm or otherwise that a certain manner of sniper ammunition is called a "Kate"?

Felinoid

They were talking about what rifle the bad guy used, not ammo.....

I was on my Small Arms/QW-SA80 course at RAF Cosford & they were showing Top Gun at the station cinema so,as a course,we went to see it.But we never got to see the end as when Goose ejected,we burst out laughing & started picking holes in the scene,then got asked to leave....